• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Liam Shephard left FGR at the end of the season, very good league 2 full back / wing back.

I also like Caprice as he is very quick, our back line was very slow last season.
Wasn't Caprice once romantically linked with Tony Adams ?

Citygaff

So ones been busy on Wikipedia!

dommers

Mr Dommers does hold a candle for our previous manager and is reluctant to give any praise to MT 😀
When Taylor done something worthy of praise I'll give him some. At the moment we've effectively stood still for the last two years playing a style of football I can't stand.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Taylor done something worthy of praise I'll give him some. At the moment we've effectively stood still for the last two years playing a style of football I can't stand.
We've effectively stood still for the last 7 years and the football at home under Tisdale for the last few seasons of his reign was far worse than what we've produced under Taylor in his 2 years.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've effectively stood still for the last 7 years and the football at home under Tisdale for the last few seasons of his reign was far worse than what we've produced under Taylor in his 2 years.
Dommers is still 'pining' for the cravated one...

IndoMike

Taylor didn't have the benefit of Pym, our captain JMT, Storey, Wheeler, Stacey, Watkins, Stockley and others. He had to rebuild. In addition he took over from a manager who had been at the club for 10 years : not an easy task. In addition we don't have to listen to Tisdale's psycho-babble or associated ramblings.

We just missed the playoffs in his first season and reached the playoffs in his 2nd season. I think he has done well.

I hate to use the word "trolling" - I never do - but I think you are.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor didn't have the benefit of Pym, our captain JMT, Storey, Wheeler, Stacey, Watkins, Stockley and others. He had to rebuild. In addition he took over from a manager who had been at the club for 10 years : not an easy task. In addition we don't have to listen to Tisdale's psycho-babble or associated ramblings.

We just missed the playoffs in his first season and reached the playoffs in his 2nd season. I think he has done well.

I hate to use the word "trolling" - I never do - but I think you are.
I wouldn't necessarily call it trolling. It's a difference of opinion.

FWIW I have a foot in both camps. For me MT has done reasonably well and overall I've been impressed. Dommers is correct IMO...some of the football has been dire and sometimes I find MT will say what everyone wants to hear after a bad result but in practice I see little difference in subsequent performances.

IndoMike

FWIW I have a foot in both camps. For me MT has done reasonably well and overall I've been impressed. Dommers is correct IMO...some of the football has been dire and sometimes I find MT will say what everyone wants to hear after a bad result but in practice I see little difference in subsequent performances.

Dommers says Taylor has done nothing worthy of praise. That type of statement - an exaggeration without any supporting data or justification and clearly designed to provoke a response - imo is trolling, although as I said I don't usually use that word..
Whilst Taylor has not always gotten it right and there have been disappointments, there have also been good moments : beating Argyle 4-0, other good performances and victories in the league and other competitions, the continued development of some of the youngsters, some successful signings. To say Taylor has done NOTHING praiseworthy clearly is unfair and not backed up by reality.

DB9

Then do what you use to tell others when they complained about our former manager, It's that simple.

tavyred

I think year on year progress after inheriting a short first pre-season with little or no backroom staff has MT very much in positive territory for me.