• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don’t see Chelsea loan out many of their youngsters to fellow Premier League clubs. Strange considering it’s the league they will eventually be trying to compete in.
Fingers crossed he gets a chance to shine wherever that is, hopefully in the EPL as you say!
That have done so with Loftus-Cheek, Kurt Zouma, Lukaku etc in recent years so you never know.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
One promising development was that Lampard complained about too much quietness in his teams, especially younger players. Ethan has always been an organiser leader and talker on the Pitch. Hope his injury clears up...

anyone else think it would be better if Chelsea only got into the Europa league so that anyone not making the premiership team can have a run out in the less difficult,or with nothing at stake, fixtures?

C j phill

If he doesn't become an established first team squad player for Chelsea next season, I think his time is up at that Club, given their propensity to either buy big, to get required players in, or hoover up youngsters around the country and beyond, for "development". Perhaps a transfer to Brentford might be his (but not ours) best move!

Banksy

Anyone know if we have any sell on fee due here if he moves or have we received everything now .
I must admit my only interest now is in our club getting more money out of it.

Rosencrantz

One promising development was that Lampard complained about too much quietness in his teams, especially younger players. Ethan has always been an organiser leader and talker on the Pitch. Hope his injury clears up...

anyone else think it would be better if Chelsea only got into the Europa league so that anyone not making the premiership team can have a run out in the less difficult,or with nothing at stake, fixtures?
I think with next season being condensed, clubs will be looking to rotate even more than usual. Chelsea are spending a lot of money at the front end of the team, not so much yet in central midfield or defence. Left back seems to be their priority. So Ethan might be kept in the squad.
Anyone know if we have any sell on fee due here if he moves or have we received everything now .
I must admit my only interest now is in our club getting more money out of it.
There is a 20% of profit sell on for Ethan. The ideal was always for Ethan to make 100 appearances and then be sold to Barca/Madrid for £££'s. If he gets a Nathan Ake like move, it wouldn't be the end of the world for us. The worse thing for us is that he becomes a Chelsea legend a la Terry or Lampard.

Banksy

I think with next season being condensed, clubs will be looking to rotate even more than usual. Chelsea are spending a lot of money at the front end of the team, not so much yet in central midfield or defence. Left back seems to be their priority. So Ethan might be kept in the squad.

There is a 20% of profit sell on for Ethan. The ideal was always for Ethan to make 100 appearances and then be sold to Barca/Madrid for £££'s. If he gets a Nathan Ake like move, it wouldn't be the end of the world for us. The worse thing for us is that he becomes a Chelsea legend a la Terry or Lampard.
Good. Forget the flipping bench warming for Leipzig or whatever that team he didn’t play for was called , let’s hope he goes to one of the ‘lesser’ PL teams who are prepared to part with say ten million.At least on that reckoning we’d get another 1.75 million. Please ..........

andrew p long

Good. Forget the flipping bench warming for Leipzig or whatever that team he didn’t play for was called , let’s hope he goes to one of the ‘lesser’ PL teams who are prepared to part with say ten million.At least on that reckoning we’d get another 1.75 million. Please ..........
Indeed. But preferably he moves after another 43 Chelsea appearances, which will in themselves net us £1.25m. The fee set by the Tribunal was widely reported as 2.5m , but of that only 1.3m was payable until Ethan added another 50 appearances in groups of ten beyond the,IIRC, five already made by the time of the Tribunal ruling.
so, ideal is a quick three appearances to Entitle us to a much needed quarter of a million, 40 more by the end of the season along the way generating another million. And then the big money move..

Colesman Ballz

Iirc there is still a potential extra million to be had for actual Chelsea appearances , as well as the 20% profit from a sell on.

The appearance money iirc works out at £250k for every10 games he features in, If this 9 man bench and 5 subs malarkey continues, it could speed up the flow if he is in the Chelski squad !

Ps Andrew has corrected me already, in advance of my post ! (y)

Last edited:

Corey

He could follow a Nathan Ake type career, a couple of loan moves to premier league teams before he was bought for £20million at the age of 22 by Bournemouth...... could see something similar happening to Ethan, which could see us pocket a further £3-4million

IndoMike

Are you sure about the 20% sell-on, Rosey?