• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eight go, so what and who do we have left

Ward
Sweeney Parkes Sparkes
Williams Atangana Collins Law Taylor
Bowman Ajose

Jay
Seymour
Hartridge
Kite
Dyer
Randall
Key
Smerdon
Dodd
Dean
Diabete
Wilson
Morison

Bound to have missed someone or included a youngster that's been released but either way a very young squad it would seem. We would need a back up keeper if Maxted is on his way, a right back, two centre halves and another striker as a minimum so 5 possibly six if we look for a back up left back as well to replace the eight. How many permanent and how many on loan (if on loan what's wrong with our own youngsters) the story will unfold over the coming weeks

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Ward
Sweeney Parkes Sparkes
Bowman Ajose

Jay
Seymour
Hartridge
Kite
Dyer
Randall
Key
Smerdon
Dodd
Dean
Diabete
Wilson
Morison

Bound to have missed someone or included a youngster that's been released but either way a very young squad it would seem. We would need a back up keeper if Maxted is on his way, a right back, two centre halves and another striker as a minimum so 5 possibly six if we look for a back up left back as well to replace the eight. How many permanent and how many on loan (if on loan what's wrong with our own youngsters) the story will unfold over the coming weeks
Until we know for definite which eight are out of contract (I think you might have released about ten players there 😉) it's difficult to know where the holes in the squad are. Apart from Aaron Martin (from the Athletic article) and Holmes, Warren, Woody, Thompson and Deano, the other two seem a bit up in the air.

Positive spin

I got all excited when I saw the BBC report that Sweeney had signed for FRG then came down to earth when I realised it was not ours

Red Devon

I’ll wait until it’s up on the official website to get the full sp from Matt or Taggy rather than taking too much interest in half a newspaper story for now.

andrew p long

Until we know for definite which eight are out of contract (I think you might have released about ten players there 😉) it's difficult to know where the holes in the squad are. Apart from Aaron Martin (from the Athletic article) and Holmes, Warren, Woody, Thompson and Deano, the other two seem a bit up in the air.
Yes, gnh’s list doesn't include Lee Martin, Dickenson or Fisher either.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dickenson and Fisher would be my guess.

Red Devon

Ward
Sweeney Parkes Sparkes
Bowman Ajose

Jay
Seymour
Hartridge
Kite
Dyer
Randall
Key
Smerdon
Dodd
Dean
Diabete
Wilson
Morison

Think it’s very likely Williams will go sadly, should get some decent dough for him though...just a shame Watford will be entitled to 50% or so.

iscalad

Providing he can have proper pre season and stay fit and injury free, I’ve a feeling Nicky Ajose will come good next season.
We can but hope

Red Devon

We can but hope
If he could play 40 games his goal return may make very pleasant reading 🤞

ryancooper327

Think it’s very likely Williams will go sadly, should get some decent dough for him though...just a shame Watford will be entitled to 50% or so.
To be fair we didn’t pay for him so it’s still profit. I think we should do more of these kind of deals.

Get good players from Prem/Champ to do well for us, they get noticed and move back up the pyramid, we get paid. It’s better than paying wages and letting people go for free