• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that is probably misleading. It was a 3 game miniseason and Taylor had to go with the players that would deliver here and now. Collins over Atangana was an obvious selection for me given the 2 previous games.
I agree. Archie made more starts earlier in the season when Atangana was injured. We won more games earlier in the season.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Archie, like Matt Jay, is so good at passing a ball to the exact spot the receiving player would want it. Two or three times yesterday I noticed when Law went over to help Williams out the ball to Law was so careless it meant an extra touch was necessary and any advvantage lost.

Our players in general need to take more care of the ball.
What has also been eye catching with Archie is how he is now able to carry the ball forwards before passing it.

Dannyred

Under the rules, all playoff TV money goes to the EFL. The clubs are supposed to get the gate receipts.
Maybe under normal circumstances but it’s not normal times, As a club/business then a agreement would of been reached with all parties before a ball is kicked or pull out.

Who got the money for the adverts ?

Red Devon

Credit to Keith Curle? Easiest job in the world, his homework consisting of watching our last game highlighting that Williams and Law were the creative spark, keep Richardson on the outside cos he's got no left foot and keep pumping balls into our box as we've not got decent full backs to stop them. Taylor admits we couldn't match them physically so we should have used a team and strategy that played to our own strengths. Playing two gert lummocks up front gave Northampton an extra man in midfield from the start. B
So what you’re saying if we’d had won 4:0 against Northampton Matt Taylor wouldn’t deserve any credit at all...very bizarre indeed.

Legohead

Banned
I just want our wingers/wing backs to cross the ball without going to the byline line, cutting back, going to the by line, cutting back and losing it. Put Williams on the left and get a right footed winger/back to whip it in!
Spot on. This annoys the hell out of me and is one of the reasons I don't enjoy watching top flight footy because they are obsessed with it.

Like Spain when they were dominant in world football a few years back. Pretty to watch, beautiful technical players, great at keeping possession but I've never been so bored watching a team in all my life. To the point where I couldn't watch them anymore.

I prefer the old fashioned way of playing with wingers taking on the full backs and whipping crosses in at every opportunity.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe under normal circumstances but it’s not normal times, As a club/business then a agreement would of been reached with all parties before a ball is kicked or pull out.

Don't be so naive.

JayPob94

I’m seeing a lot about Ollie Watkins on here and his potential sale funding our next few seasons... he’ll go for at least £20 million. Let’s hope Brentford don’t go up...

DB9

I’m seeing a lot about Ollie Watkins on here and his potential sale funding our next few seasons... he’ll go for at least £20 million. Let’s hope Brentford don’t go up...
Sounds like we're looking at other results to go our way, Not a good position to be in.

Antony Moxey

Which adverts?

elginCity

Simply, the Curley Cobblers started on the front foot, City on the back foot, with nobody in red and white able to wrest control of the game.

It's been said already, we should have played to our strengths, not tried to nullify theirs, a tactical error.