• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

tonykellowfan

I wouldn't mind seeing some stats on our win percentage when Archie starts as opposed to Atangana.
I think that is probably misleading. It was a 3 game miniseason and Taylor had to go with the players that would deliver here and now. Collins over Atangana was an obvious selection for me given the 2 previous games.

Dannyred

How could we have possibly made any money? We have been paying the players since beginning of June with no income other than about 10k from a few cardboard cutouts. There was no TV money.
So you think sky didn’t pay anything or that the pitch side advertising boards full of companies were advertising on tv for Nothing.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale and Taylor both had/have good qualities and talents. However they also seem to share a very bad one - a one dimensional, unimaginative approach when up against it. That team selection and tactics last night were reminiscent of Tisdale at his worst. I just hope Mat can climb out of the hole he has dug himself into.

One other thing. If things weren't bad enough last night, we also had to put up with that unspeakable commentator. So busy was he was churning out numerous statistics based omens - "the last time a team in red and white stripes won a play off after going a goal down in a year with 0 in it" etc SHUT TF UP - that he took about ten seconds to notice that Moxey had been red carded

Red Devon

IMO Jack Sparkes is that player.
Close, but Adams whips it in with a bit more fizz on it..IMO

arthur

The playoffs have shown how much the awful mid winter SJP playing surface effected Archie’s game...he’s looked so good in the playoffs we may now find it difficult to hang onto him.
Forest Green Alamo - New Years Day

Legohead

Banned
So you think sky didn’t pay anything or that the pitch side advertising boards full of companies were advertising on tv for Nothing.
Palace v Burnley was on at the same time so most plastic prem fans and plastic footy fans will have been watching that game.

Ordinarily the play off final is at a time where no other games are being played making it the sole focus.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Under the rules, all playoff TV money goes to the EFL. The clubs are supposed to get the gate receipts.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The playoffs have shown how much the awful mid winter SJP playing surface effected Archie’s game...he’s looked so good in the playoffs we may now find it difficult to hang onto him.
Archie, like Matt Jay, is so good at passing a ball to the exact spot the receiving player would want it. Two or three times yesterday I noticed when Law went over to help Williams out the ball to Law was so careless it meant an extra touch was necessary and any advvantage lost.

Our players in general need to take more care of the ball.

Boyo

Of course they did, but the money goes to the EFL.

ryancooper327

I just want our wingers/wing backs to cross the ball without going to the byline line, cutting back, going to the by line, cutting back and losing it. Put Williams on the left and get a right footed winger/back to whip it in!