• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Biggest worry for me is Taylor continuing to play Richardson as left wingback. Put him in for Sweeny and I'd be happy but this continuing playing someone out of position reminds me of Tisdale. As far as Sweeney goes, he is crap isn't he?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was 12 years ago ffs
I'm not saying I want him in the team next season............I could add FFS here but it doesn't make my point any more convincing

Mr Jinx

As far as Sweeney goes, he is crap isn't he?
Well he has been for most of the season. So why did Taylor persist?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Biggest worry for me is Taylor continuing to play Richardson as left wingback. Put him in for Sweeny and I'd be happy but this continuing playing someone out of position reminds me of Tisdale. As far as Sweeney goes, he is crap isn't he?
That's the last we'll have seen of Jayden in a City shirt. It will have been a good experience for him, and a Wembley appearance to boot to take back to Nottm Forest.

geoffwp

A sad evening and a sad result. But....we've had worse times than this..
Just at this moment hern, I have to say I'm struggling to think of any on the pitch.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Worst game I've ever seen him have in a City shirt by far. A thought came over me first half: was it that all his mates in Ireland would be watching him made him nervous? Because he certainly looked it.

IndoMike

In that case that's even sadder. Supporting Argyle, nowt wrong with that. Wasting your life posting inane cack on another team's forum in order to gain some pleasure indicates that all is not well with the happiness of this one and we should offer our sympathy. Be the bigger man so to speak. Well i certainly am. I'm f*cking 18 stone and on a slimming world programme.
Sad. Anyway, he's distracted me from the pain of the defeat. Even a sad Argyle fan can come in useful.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope so , good clear out needed now.
I can't see any reason why there shouldn't be a massive clear out now. Mind you we didn't have the foggiest how to bypass the four burly defenders that lined up to deal with virtually all our crosses into the box. Perhaps Matt needs some fresh brains to help him out.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT seemed angry in his interview, and rightly so. I’m still behind him 100%, but he needs to learn the limitations of some of this squad. We’re too reliant on a few creative players who have no chance to play when the likes of Jake Taylor, Sweeney, Bowman etc go missing.

It’s going to be an interesting close season - the footballing landscape may look very different by the start of next season. We’re still in a reasonable position as a club and there could be opportunity amongst the carnage.

Whilst, of course, it would be much better to be in League One, I just can’t wait to be back on the Big Bank watching our mighty Grecians in the flesh next season.

CTID

dontpassback

I wonder, do you think you could stop with the troublemaking antaganistic comments? All your doing is looking for an argument on the matchday thread. Some of us want to talk about the match without you continually chiming in causing members to respond to your shiit!
Absolutely spot on pete !