• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Far, far more needs to be done to root out these ffing scammers. It is the scourge of our age.
This is probably a very simplistic and idealistic view of things but i always think that if you've got the knowledge and ability to hack into a website, a company's network or whatever, why not put that expertise to positive use rather than using it to be a count?

IndoMike

Far, far more needs to be done to root out these ffing scammers. It is the scourge of our age.
Can we start with Johnson? A lot of fake stuff comes from him....😉

iscalad

Yes. Or these folks who climb a couple of hills every year and then think they can climb Everest if they've got enough money.
As far as I'm concerned , if people take clearly unnecessary risks for their own gratification then feck 'em
Chap who died in the jet ski accident in Torbay had only bought the thing that morning, apparently.

IndoMike

This is probably a very simplistic and idealistic view of things but i always think that if you've got the knowledge and ability to hack into a website, a company's network or whatever, why not put that expertise to positive use rather than using it to be a count?
I got scammed at an ATM. 600 bleddy quid.

IndoMike

Probably a kid . Big people would only scam for money

IndoMike

Chap who died in the jet ski accident in Torbay had only bought the thing that morning, apparently.
What happened?

LOG

What happened?

geoffwp

I've little doubt that these people are not used to the sea and are pretty much novices in whatever they are doing, like the jet ski guy. I'll bet he thought it would be just like riding a bike. People then blame the lifeguards or the RNLI. Whatever happened to people taking blame for their own thoughtless actions.

IndoMike

Thanks for posting that.
Regretfully it happened. I wonder if there were any red flags of warning signs posted
If does say that there were warnings, but where?
I think the lifeguards and lifeboatmen do a terrific job and don't like them being criticised just because they too need to adhere to the safety rules re Covid19

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Yes. Or these folks who climb a couple of hills every year and then think they can climb Everest if they've got enough money.
As far as I'm concerned , if people take clearly unnecessary risks for their own gratification then feck 'em
Trouble is Indo, in our nanny state with ambulance chasing lawyers they would expect to be rescued and probably have a human right of some sort. Where there's blame there's a claim.