• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Weighted PPG and play-offs for League 2?

i8cornwall

This is the statement I was talking about from Colchester.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

That is a interesting statement & one not pulling any punches,especially reiterating the financial risk of the play offs.

I don’t see how a lot of clubs will survive(ours included) if as the chairman mentioned some games could be behind closed doors when next season starts.
It makes no sense to start football again until crowds are allowed.
I fear the agenda for playing will be pushed by the PL & their TV deal( as is happening this season)

Red Devon

Good to see another club being run in a responsible manor and trying to do things the right way...they have a pretty impressive academy set up at Colchester.

denzel

Begs the question, if 3 out of 4 clubs will lose out financially, and the other one break even, why did they all vote for it?

Oldsmobile-88

Begs the question, if 3 out of 4 clubs will lose out financially, and the other one break even, why did they all vote for it?
I seem to recall the vote was 20-4.

It could have been the only option where the 75% vote majority could have been achieved?

Reading between the lines,I’m not sure how keen all of the play off clubs are to be involved,given the money that’s involved,in a time of no income.

Banksy

Only glanced at the Colchester statement but 200-300 k costs for the playoffs?
What on Earth is the point? And more to the point what were the four clubs thinking about in agreeing?Bust yourself just to join a four team lottery which is made even more galling because each of the teams designated to be promoted at no cost could well have been below us a month later.
Nonsense.

Red Devon

Probably a sporting decision, everyone is in this game to be successful and to try and win something (well they should be)

denzel

I seem to recall the vote was 20-4.

It could have been the only option where the 75% vote majority could have been achieved?

Reading between the lines,I’m not sure how keen all of the play off clubs are to be involved,given the money that’s involved,in a time of no income.
It was 20-4 in favour of no relegation. It was unanimous to end the season but with playoffs

Oldsmobile-88

It was 20-4 in favour of no relegation. It was unanimous to end the season but with playoffs
I stand corrected 😁

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see another club being run in a responsible manor and trying to do things the right way...they have a pretty impressive academy set up at Colchester.
Unfortunately Colchester are being run anything but responsibly and sustainably. They have lost 5 million pounds in the last 2 accounting years. and owe their owners 24.5 million pounds.