• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Weighted PPG and play-offs for League 2?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any news from League One today? No, thought not. Hopeless.

Oldsmobile-88

Any news from League One today? No, thought not. Hopeless.
Nope.. I Checked the Peterborough Twitter feed & Nothing is mentioned.

denzel

Coventry paper suggests there will be a vote NEXT WEEK

Oldsmobile-88

Coventry paper suggests there will be a vote NEXT WEEK
I stand to be corrected,but I believe it needs 75% of L1 to carry a vote.

In the 23 club division just 6 clubs voting against any proposal can scupper a deal.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Julian Tagg talking about the potential play offs & costs.
So, nearly a week later and we still don't have the slightest suggestion from the EFL about how and when these play-offs might happen. Remember that if you want to give players enough time to prepare properly and conclude them before contracts expire at the end of June then clubs really need to be back in training before next Monday. The most worrying line from the interview is that 'there is a degree of sympathy and understanding that this is going to be of significant cost to us' - unfortunately nice words don't pay the bills.

i8cornwall

So, nearly a week later and we still don't have the slightest suggestion from the EFL about how and when these play-offs might happen. Remember that if you want to give players enough time to prepare properly and conclude them before contracts expire at the end of June then clubs really need to be back in training before next Monday. The most worrying line from the interview is that 'there is a degree of sympathy and understanding that this is going to be of significant cost to us' - unfortunately nice words don't pay the bills.
The Colchester Owner released a statement a couple of days ago saying that a club being promoted via the L2 plays offs would make between 200k to 300k but this season the cost of playing the games alone would be near that figure.

I’ll try and find it later so people can read all of what he had to say.

Banksy

The Colchester Owner released a statement a couple of days ago saying that a club being promoted via the L2 plays offs would make between 200k to 300k but this season the cost of playing the games alone would be near that figure.

I’ll try and find it later so people can read all of what he had to say.
Well worth the effort then. 😩

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The testing regime for EFL players

Positive spin

Only if you are the one out of four clubs that wins the play offs.

i8cornwall

Oh Loads. I’m desperate to see us go up but even I can’t see the point in playing the games now if it puts the club in more of a risk.

I can’t see it being in the interest of any of the other three clubs to playing the games either. Which poses the question should the top three still be promoted?