• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Professor Neil Ferguson a leading scientist advising the government on COVID-19 and an arch supporter of Lockdown forced to resign from SAGE after breaking the Lockdown rules to receive his mistress.

You really could not make this up.

Thanks for all your moralistic lectures on social distancing mush.

This assumes Torygraph exclusive is correct.
Lovely case study in how the press manipulates the truth here. The visits were apparently on 30th March and 8th April, yet the Telegraph chooses the day our death toll hits the highest in Europe to break the story. How convenient that the right-wing press now have an expert (bonus points that his lover is vaguely linked to George Soros) to lynch on their front page, relegating the much more important story of our death toll to a teeny tiny box, or off the front page completely in some cases.

Legohead

Banned
Is the death toll news actually news though. It was always going to be the case that we would have the highest death toll in Europe. We are the most ill disciplined nation in Europe. From top Government advisors to back street hairdresser currently operating covertly through lockdown. Far too many people are not prepared to sacrifice things for the greater good and combining that with a pathetic lockdown enforcement policy by the police, it is easy to see why deaths are still coming in.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lovely case study in how the press manipulates the truth here. The visits were apparently on 30th March and 8th April, yet the Telegraph chooses the day our death toll hits the highest in Europe to break the story. How convenient that the right-wing press now have an expert (bonus points that his lover is vaguely linked to George Soros) to lynch on their front page, relegating the much more important story of our death toll to a teeny tiny box, or off the front page completely in some cases.
Not really. You have one of the guys of the top advising the whole country to do one thing when he goes and does the other. It matters little on which days it happened or who reported it.

DB9

Has anyone had their good ladies deciding during this lockdown to "Clear things out of cupboards etc"? Mine has gone mental with it, Under the stairs, Old clothes, Garden stuff, All over the dam house. When i tried to ask her where all this stuff is going she doesn't want now, She said the tip, Told her they are closed atm, Now we have one room full of stuff she doesn't want anymore not going anywhere!!! :mad:

Legohead

Banned
Hermann does have a point but I agree with Mr Jinx. The dates that Mr Ferguson flouted his own guidelines are only relevant in the fact that they were during the lockdown period.

Also we forget that although this bloke is supposed to be intelligent, it takes two to tango and his partner could have made it clear that she wouldn't see him yet she didn't. So that makes two supposedly highly intelligent people showing that this is not necessarily the case.

Grecian2K

Has anyone had their good ladies deciding during this lockdown to "Clear things out of cupboards etc"? Mine has gone mental with it, Under the stairs, Old clothes, Garden stuff, All over the dam house. When i tried to ask her where all this stuff is going she doesn't want now, She said the tip, Told her they are closed atm, Now we have one room full of stuff she doesn't want anymore not going anywhere!!! :mad:
I can totally empathise with your situation here DB.
And when she's not frantically re-cluttering she's going berserk with a paintbrush instead.
Thank god I've got the dogs to escape from the house with (adhering to the official government edict about "reasonable exercise" naturally)

elginCity

Not really. You have one of the guys of the top advising the whole country to do one thing when he goes and does the other. It matters little on which days it happened or who reported it.
Professor Ferguson didn't 'advise the whole country' he advised the government, which advises the whole country. There are many advisers to government.

This 'Professor Lockdown' distraction stuff is not fooling anyone, least of all yourself. The day of reckoning is nigh.

elginCity

I agree with Mr Jinx. The dates that Mr Ferguson flouted his own guidelines....
Mr Ferguson, an unelected bonkin' boffin stupidly flouted government guidelines.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mr Ferguson, an unelected bonkin' boffin stupidly flouted government guidelines.
Hereafter to be nicknamed "Statto".

DB9

I can totally empathise with your situation here DB.
And when she's not frantically re-cluttering she's going berserk with a paintbrush instead.
Thank god I've got the dogs to escape from the house with (adhering to the official government edict about "reasonable exercise" naturally)
Thanks G2k forgot about the painting, Yep have had that here too!