• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough the players to avoid a cashflow crisis

i8cornwall

Blinded by what?
All I've said is that I assume the club/TB is handling the situation and I have no reason to believe they aren"t.
Quite clearly you are blinded by the fact everyone who was elected has become business savvy over night and can handle these complex issues.

From my dealings with the club from the now defunct RL speed is not there strong point!

As has been said now the club/trust are clearly letting the PFA call the shots here, yet again putting our future in other people hands.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Furlough the players and top up their wages if we can afford it without going bust. In this way we get up to £2,500 per month per furloughed employee from the Government.

Others are taking this approach. Why don't we ?
Corrected Post. Should have been bust not post !

Motto: Read post before hitting the post reply button.

IndoMike

Corrected Post. Should have been bust not post !

Motto: Read post before hitting the post reply button.
Agree 😆

IndoMike

Quite clearly you are blinded by the fact everyone who was elected has become business savvy over night and can handle these complex issues.

From my dealings with the club from the now defunct RL speed is not there strong point!

As has been said now the club/trust are clearly letting the PFA call the shots here, yet again putting our future in other people hands.
Don't talk such a load of tripe.

Alistair20000

After all the times I have lectured you !

As bad as that Scottish Chief Medical Officer :)

Grecian Max

I think AH does great work for the club, and it's brilliant he volunteers.

As a character I have found him unnecessary abrasive in the past (but in fairness also willing to debate), I'm sure he can handle some pelters from Ed here.

Andy Holloway

Ok, I'll be more specific. You're afraid of change as you think it may one day affect your volunteering work at the club. So, basically, a completely self-interested but understandable position. I also suspect you are more concerned with how the primroses will turn out this Spring than the financial viability of the club. Which is fine, Andy.
I would hope that your comments reference volunteering - in bold - are directly aimed at me as an individual and not at anybody who volunteers at ECFC, if not then you're digging a very big hole to fall into.
With regards the primroses, i feel concerned for things i have some form of control over, club finances i have no control over, well about 0.00000001% i'll give you.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I find a lot of the personal stuff on this thread really pathetic

andrew p long

I vote that we furlough this thread.

LOG

You should check out the Politics thread. That takes it to another level.