• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was due to fly down to Exeter via Manchester from Aberdeen with Flybe.... will get money back eventually but I’m more sad for the staff and local airports it’ll kill. Not sure how I’ll get down now... looking into maybe driving. Any ideas would be helpful!
Obviously I don't know when you want to travel but Loganair are taking on some Flybe routes -including to Exeter- from the jock airports later on in the year.

JayPob94

Obviously I don't know when you want to travel but Loganair are taking on some Flybe routes -including to Exeter- from the jock airports later on in the year.
it’s for the next week. Pain up the backside. Aberdeen flies to nowhere and all flights are no inflated up here because of business travellers. Assume it’s a similar problem for Exeter airport.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
it’s for the next week. Pain up the backside. Aberdeen flies to nowhere and all flights are no inflated up here because of business travellers. Assume it’s a similar problem for Exeter airport.
Train is possible but a bleddy long journey and horrendous prices.

geoffwp

Train is possible but a bleddy long journey and horrendous prices.
Oh for happy days when you just stuck your thumb out and hitched a ride. I did that so much at one time it was like being a character in a Jack Kerouac novel.

fred binneys head

Surely the train was going too fast for the driver to see you?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There's a story on social media that the Chiefs turned away two sets of Flybe staff who'd won tickets in a works draw. I can't believe they'd be that callous.

i8cornwall

I think he did it through his own label, Skint.
He did as Brighton had Skint printed on there shirts for at least one season.

Oldsmobile-88

There's a story on social media that the Chiefs turned away two sets of Flybe staff who'd won tickets in a works draw. I can't believe they'd be that callous.
I would imagine someone at the Chiefs marketing department will be joining the unfortunate folk at Flybe in looking for a new job if the story is true.

Colesman Ballz

I would imagine someone at the Chiefs marketing department will be joining the unfortunate folk at Flybe in looking for a new job if the story is true.
Can't see Tony Rowe making himself redundant if the order came from "the top" !

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In terms of financials, 10 years ago the shirt sponsorship was £100k

I have no idea what it is now though..