• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
No the most entertaining was watching a chap roll down the hill behind the home end goal!!

Legohead

Banned
No the most entertaining was watching a chap roll down the hill behind the home end goal!!
On purpose or did he take an unfortunate tumble? I missed that in any case. :confused::confused:

Also. Loads of city fans wearing Fez hats. What was all that about?

robchave

It's obviously very difficult playing against a team that sits back, to defend a lead, and plays on the counter. But Northampton were very good at it. Our problem is that we forget to play football, get anxious, and hit far too many hopeful balls. With so much possession we should have had a lot more attempts on goal.

crocks

On purpose.

Fez hats are the Bristol Grecians. From the M5 around Bridgwater there used to be a camel. A prop from a Bridgwater carnival . Doesn't seem to be there any more. Anyway our Bristol friends pass it on the way to the park and adopted the fez in its honour.

Oldsmobile-88

6th visit to Sixfields(see what I did 😁) & the 6th defeat ☹

Shipping a goal in under a minute against a rough & tumble side like Northampton means a long afternoon in store...One decent cross into the oppositions box in the first half & a couple of forays into the box in the 2nd half,was the only real pressure on Northampton.

Tbh I expected nothing from this afternoon.

We have 3 of the next 4 games at home so no real damage done.

The clean sheets have gone AWOL recently,let’s get back to grinding out a few 1-0’s

Red Devon

Lots of possession first half without doing a thing with it.....Northampton didn’t really offer very much more either after the opening 54 seconds....until Jayden Richardson came on I can’t remember a City player actually going past a Northampton defender with the ball and with any sort of purpose....we are still in a good position but from what I saw today we desperately need to bring some experience back into the side....out would go Collins for Jake 100% that one, Jay for Law another dead cert to start next week and also 100% Moxey in for Dickenson MJ has been superb the last few weeks but things are getting serious now so Law has to come back in.

Legohead

Banned
On purpose.

Fez hats are the Bristol Grecians. From the M5 around Bridgwater there used to be a camel. A prop from a Bridgwater carnival . Doesn't seem to be there any more. Anyway our Bristol friends pass it on the way to the park and adopted the fez in its honour.
Is the camel that giant straw like thing that you could see from the M5?

Legohead

Banned
Anybody get a good look at the penalty shout when Bowman claimed he was pushed over in the box 2nd half? Couldn't see it properly from where I was sat but 'I've seen them given' to coin a well used phrase.

PeteUSA

Is the camel that giant straw like thing that you could see from the M5?

Is that camel still there!! That was put there looking over the hedge following the Bridgwater Carnival of 1984, where it featured in an Egyptian themed float!

Oldsmobile-88

Anybody get a good look at the penalty shout when Bowman claimed he was pushed over in the box 2nd half? Couldn't see it properly from where I was sat but 'I've seen them given' to coin a well used phrase.
Bowman was given a softer one at SJP earlier in the season.
Looked like a push from my vantage point but was never going to be given by that ref,who let a few cynical fouls go unpunished by a card.