• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That still means the RL have to disband though unfortunately.

As for the lack of the RL having an impact on results, I don't subscribe to that. Footballers love great atmospheres yes of course but they have a job to do whether there are 1000 people singing or 10 people singing. I have more faith in our squad of players.

The very fact that they have been winning in the leasing.com trophy games in front of generally about 6 people proves that they have the mentality to deliver without the need for any great vocal backing.
Was enough for our captain to specifically mention - atmosphere and home advantage can and does have effect on results - obviously a number of reasons for it but it’s backed up by statistics across football

Grecian Max

My main concern is that the atmosphere for the remainder of the season may suffer, and in some way affect our chances of going up. If the noise at games is unaffected then it’s less of an issue.

Appreciate that the organisation was time consuming, and maybe in some way this is a convenient occurrence to allow them to go back to just attending games, which is obviously up to them.

The only other point is that maybe when they were fundraising and selling merchandise they could have pointed out that “if our banner ever gets nicked we will disband immediately “ to give anyone contributing or buying stuff a heads up.
The drum will still be present, we all want to go up. New name for next season, kick up the arse and a fresh start would probably be the most likely outcome group wise.

Legohead

Banned
At least it means we don't have to bother the old bill with such frivolous matters which some will be overjoyed about. :giggle:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Could the returned banner be changed slightly to read Bed Legion 2020 ? Then it hang in the NOG I reckon half of them over are asleep for most of the game :)

i8cornwall

My main concern is that the atmosphere for the remainder of the season may suffer, and in some way affect our chances of going up. If the noise at games is unaffected then it’s less of an issue.

Appreciate that the organisation was time consuming, and maybe in some way this is a convenient occurrence to allow them to go back to just attending games, which is obviously up to them.

The only other point is that maybe when they were fundraising and selling merchandise they could have pointed out that “if our banner ever gets nicked we will disband immediately “ to give anyone contributing or buying stuff a heads up.
The Atmosphere thing isn’t anything to do with me or the other lads now, it’s now a wider fan base issue if it happens.

As a group we where not great with working out how much money we would need to do a display hence any donations where used up very quickly and any short fall was made up by he members in the group. This normally meant that we never had enough money but again we quietly got on with what we loved to do.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Atmosphere thing isn’t anything to do with me or the other lads now, it’s now a wider fan base issue if it happens.

As a group we where not great with working out how much money we would need to do a display hence any donations where used up very quickly and any short fall was made up by he members in the group. This normally meant that we never had enough money but again we quietly got on with what we loved to do.
There has been a lot of support shown for RL on here for the work that has been done over the last 5 years. I hope any new group will also come on here looking for support.

i8cornwall

There has been a lot of support shown for RL on here for the work that has been done over the last 5 years. I hope any new group will also come on here looking for support.
Like the RL any new group can only work with the help of our fellow fans.

the RL was so successful because of the generosity and by and large the support from our fellow fans which I hope would carry on if any new group is formed in the future.

Legohead

Banned
But just to clarify. Any new group would not have any 'codes' or 'rules' to live by. It would simply be a collection of likeminded fans looking to improve the matchday atmosphere but without all the 'ultra' shenanigans. That sounds great and a positive way forward. Great that i8cornwall, max etc want to still get involved and I hope many others will do the same. Especially those in the BB and at away games. Our away support generally however is excellent and we regularly get comments from other clubs fans about our away followings.

Pete Martin (CTID)

The drum will still be present, we all want to go up. New name for next season, kick up the arse and a fresh start would probably be the most likely outcome group wise.
'The Execeptionals'?
(*I'll get me coat....)

exeter-loyal

Good to hear positive news on it!!