• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This will make City fans sick.

Chelsea paid Conte and his staff £26.6m to sack them and Abramovic put £247M into the club in 2018/19

And they still shafted us...

budegrecian

Just as I was settling in for a relaxing evening..... Arghhhhhhh

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
This will make City fans sick.

Chelsea paid Conte and his staff £26.6m to sack them and Abramovic put £247M into the club in 2018/19

And they still shafted us...
A variation on the spelling of Conte aptly describes Chelsea on this issue:mad:

IndoMike

A variation on the spelling of Conte aptly describes Chelsea on this issue:mad:
Classic bully tactics from Chelsea re Amps and City. Can't stand the club.
Having said that - to be truthful- Amps has yet to prove his worth. They bought potential, but still on the cheap. Welsh bleddy international at 17, damn it!

denzel

Having said that - to be truthful- Amps has yet to prove his worth. They bought potential, but still on the cheap. Welsh bleddy international at 17, damn it!
A regular Welsh International and a regular squad member in the leading side in the Bundesliga. I'd say he's proved his potential already!

IndoMike

A regular Welsh International and a regular squad member in the leading side in the Bundesliga. I'd say he's proved his potential already!
Imo he has to nail down a place at Chelsea or Leipzig or whoever before we can say he has fulfilled his potential .
Having said that, Chelsea are paying a fee more appropriate for a Championship club than a supposedly top Premier League. I repeat : cheapskates
I still hope and think Ampadu can make it, but I fear he may be forever loaned to other clubs and not have the chance to shine.

StudentGrecian

Depends what people think he has the potential to be I guess. I'd agree though, definitely proved he is going to be playing top flight football for a long time, barring injuries. Most of Chelsea's stolen youngsters get shipped out to Vitesse, rather than a side capable of winning the Bundesliga and going far in the Champions League.

I do think Chelsea were naive to expect him to be a regular starter for them however, I'd argue that Leipzig's squad is just as good, if not better than the current Chelsea squad.

Last edited:

Banksy

As I’ve said before , it should be obvious to all and sundry that we’ll make a considerable amount more on Ollie’s deal subject , of course , to him staying injury free. We’ve been shafted on this one , even the title of the thread has started to grate. Whereas I enjoy keeping track of Ollie on his thread I rarely visit this one now it’s always the same old same old.

IndoMike

As I’ve said before , it should be obvious to all and sundry that we’ll make a considerable amount more on Ollie’s deal subject , of course , to him staying injury free. We’ve been shafted on this one , even the title of the thread has started to grate. Whereas I enjoy keeping track of Ollie on his thread I rarely visit this one now it’s always the same old same old.
I think some of us naively thought that we would be rubbing our hands in expectation of the club getting a really juicy windfall, an illusion which became a delusion.
I really dislike clubs like Chelsea , which vacuum up all the young talent, shoving aside anyone who gets in their way, and dispatching these young talents to clubs all over the bleddy place. Many are never seen or heard of thereafter.

Banksy

Indeed , it could well be that Ollie will soon be playing regularly in the Premiershite with the course he has taken , but Ethan . Well who knows eh? Still , I suppose he won’t care with the pay deal he’ll be on.