• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
You really don’t have a clue what you are talking about or have any knowledge of women’s football.

You show no respect to females either by your stupidity.
There's some irony here, apparently you also have no respect for females either with your ridiculous bleating about the women's team.
Unfortunately you probably have some good points but they're well hidden within the emotive nonsense you post incessantly.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It seems ages since they last played a game. And it won't be today, a downpour before kick off put paid to any chance of play.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Women's football is just starting to take off, Danny. In the last it's true that women's football was scorned or even laughed at and they had no coaching or facilities whatsoever. Gradually it's becoming more respected and supported. i guess in the next 10 years we'll have women players transferred for large sums of money, too
We all know that since humans lived in caves society has not treated women equally and it's only now that equality is starting to be addressed. Like it or not it takes time to change the paradigms.
I'm sure City is doing it's best. It may not be enough for you but you have to be a bit patient. Look how long it took male players to get fairer treatment at football clubs.
At least there is something we agree on Indo.:p

Dannyred

Women's football is just starting to take off, Danny. In the last it's true that women's football was scorned or even laughed at and they had no coaching or facilities whatsoever. Gradually it's becoming more respected and supported. i guess in the next 10 years we'll have women players transferred for large sums of money, too
We all know that since humans lived in caves society has not treated women equally and it's only now that equality is starting to be addressed. Like it or not it takes time to change the paradigms.
I'm sure City is doing it's best. It may not be enough for you but you have to be a bit patient. Look how long it took male players to get fairer treatment at football clubs.
Maybe the club could own the women’s team which would be a start and bring them back to Exeter.

I don’t think you understand the deep root problems but I get that as I didn’t either but I do know now as I am involved with senior people in the women’s game.

I hope you’re vote for the £500 went to the women’s team ;)

IndoMike

Maybe the club could own the women’s team which would be a start and bring them back to Exeter.

I don’t think you understand the deep root problems but I get that as I didn’t either but I do know now as I am involved with senior people in the women’s game.

I hope you’re vote for the £500 went to the women’s team ;)
Actually, it did. And so did the vote of many Exewebbers if proportionate to the feedback on that thread. Why shouldn't it be a popular choice : nobody is against women's football.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought this might appeal to DR from the Tranmere forum re. Liverpool Ladies and the pitch at Prenton Park and a top women's fixture attendance without giveaways/reductions
just talking about the Liverpool women v Chelsea women match - as I said in my first comment I watched the extended highlights on the womens football show - but the whole of prenton park looked empty. there must of only been about 50 people there. plus and this is no lie - I went on to the Liverpool fc womens website before the match and there was an interview on there with the Liverpool manager Vicky Jepson and she was quoted as saying - lets raise the roof off prenton park( what with 50 fans) do not make me laugh. there was more people in asda in Birkenhead.

Actual attendance 540

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's been ages, anyway here is the line-up for today's game

Spoonz Red E

ECFC Women turn around a 1-0 half time deficit to win 3-1.
Takes them to third in the table.
PlayedWonDrawnLostForAgainstGDPoints
1Southampton8710323+2922
2Southampton WFC96213210+2220
3Exeter City65012213+915
4Cheltenham Town7511128+413
5Larkhall Athletic74121715+213

(Cheltenham have fewer points in 4th place due to a three point deduction)

grecIAN Harris

Just to clarify something, are City women above or below Argiggles women's side in standard?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regrettably below. The jannerettes are in the league above