• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regrettably below. The jannerettes are in the league above
I thought that was correct. Only asking as my eldest was being watched by one of their opponents with a view to next season.

Grecian2K

Regrettably below. The jannerettes are in the league above
Do they play their games at Gnome Park?

grecIAN Harris

No they don't. I do know where they play but can't remember at the moment. Wherever it is, they have had quite a bit work done on their pitch for this season. I want to say Parkway but can't be sure.

Colesman Ballz

No they don't. I do know where they play but can't remember at the moment. Wherever it is, they have had quite a bit work done on their pitch for this season. I want to say Parkway but can't be sure.
Our Women knocked them out of the League Cup earlier in the season, so hopefully it won't be too long before we overtake them !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Manadon Sports hub, according to the Argyle website

grecIAN Harris

Manadon Sports hub, according to the Argyle website
Is correct which is why I couldn't be sure with Parkway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Managed to post this yesterday on an admin only forum 😢

Today's match against Larkhall is off due to the weather. They were really up for this, as Larkhall are on a good run at the moment, and we had beaten them at the beginning of the season.

You might be interested in knowing that it costs each women £250 a season to play for Exeter, this will cover kit, match fees and travel. Which I think some struggle to pay. Is there anything that Exewebbers can do to help?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know how much the club invest in the women?

It's a bit wrong that the club who share their success allows this to happen in this day and age. A small amount like £5,000 would cover the costs of 20 players. We are talking about picking up £50,000 for the leasing.com match - one club and all that.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh God I can hear Danny's keyboard firing up.

In all seriousness I agree with the poster above you would think the club or Trust (or both) investing £5k in the side from the cup run (it would go a tiny way to mitigating our participation in the farce of a competition for me, cash aside) wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility and would be a very positive thing to do.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm interested in ways that Exewebbers could raise a serious amount of money to support the team.