• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Ash

So, only those who attended last night are "proper" grecians? Presumably the rest of us are just grecians without the "proper" tag? Do those who have earned the extra keep it for all time or does it only last for the one game?
Did you require a ladder to climb up on to your high horse this morning? The poster was obviously congratulating the 69 on their hardy support and no inference was made regarding anyone who didn't make the trip. Suggesting otherwise is unwarranted and suggests you're just looking for an argument.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did you require a ladder to climb up on to your high horse this morning? The poster was obviously congratulating the 69 on their hardy support and no inference was made regarding anyone who didn't make the trip. Suggesting otherwise is unwarranted and suggests you're just looking for an argument.
That is a rather silly response so perhaps it's you looking for an argument. Read the post again before you go getting your underwear in a twist. This silly thing about there being different levels of being a supporter ie a proper one, has been put on exeweb before by those who want to push an elitist agenda. The tag "proper" isn't needed as it does just that. We are all grecians, all fans of city, there aren't any differences, no proper ones or less than proper ones. Now look what's happened, my fekkin high horse has just galloped off and I've got to go and bloody catch it. All your fault.

geoffwp

If we had Man City I think you would have seen a different result last night in fairness.
But it could have been Man City in the 4th round after we'd seen off Oxford and they will have been aware of that.

STURTZ

But it could have been Man City in the 4th round after we'd seen off Oxford and they will have been aware of that.
or Port Vale....

Legohead

Banned
Yes but after Port Vale it could have been Man City.....

IndoMike

Another perspective is that as a City fan we are always on a roller coaster of emotions and one step away from disaster or euphoria.
It would be boring if we were winning all the time and there'd be nothing to moan about, either.
So let's raise a glass to the fark-ups, the howlers, the shots always going wide and the disappointments, knowing that around the corner is a City 4 Argyle 0 or a City 3 Northampton 2.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's so much negativity on here and Exeweb in general and I'm not sure why?

Yes we lost to a team one division below us and we didn't play particularly well. $hit happens, especially when you support a league 2 side. I keep reading about how we don't score goals and how we're going nowhere until we find more consistency. Can I just remind people that we're 2nd in the league approaching Xmas. I can't speak for others but I'd have certainly taken this position at this stage of the season if offered back in August, and Im pretty sure the club would have as well.

It's not like Hartlepool are part time minnows. The truth of it is they're only marginally below us in the football pecking order.

Reality check required for some I think. We're doing well.....oh and we're not going to be signing a proven goalscorer in January because we've spent our budget and proven goalscorers of the right age don't sign for Exeter City!

DB9

There's so much negativity on here and Exeweb in general and I'm not sure why?

Yes we lost to a team one division below us and we didn't play particularly well. $hit happens, especially when you support a league 2 side. I keep reading about how we don't score goals and how we're going nowhere until we find more consistency. Can I just remind people that we're 2nd in the league approaching Xmas. I can't speak for others but I'd have certainly taken this position at this stage of the season if offered back in August, and Im pretty sure the club would have as well.

It's not like Hartlepool are part time minnows. The truth of it is they're only marginally below us in the football pecking order.

Reality check required for some I think. We're doing well.....oh and we're not going to be signing a proven goalscorer in January because we've spent our budget and proven goalscorers of the right age don't sign for Exeter City!
So as a club we only can sign goal scorers who are mostly crocked and ones that have lost their way in scoring?

Rosencrantz

So as a club we only can sign goal scorers who are mostly crocked and ones that have lost their way in scoring?
How many proven goalscorers have we ever signed? Stockley had only really scored prolifically at City for half a season (ditto Dazza albeit for longer and he had a major injury which hampered his career). Both times Curo signed he had come off the back of barren seasons. Devine was crocked. Nards was crocked. Morano on his last legs. Jepson didn't have a great goalscoring record when we signed him. Gary Alexander and Lee Bradbury were kids on loan. Neville was in veteran territory. Logan was a journeyman who had drifted to non league. Mackie a kid with zero experience.

O'Flynn probably had the best sustained record and was not crocked prior to signing. Would you take him over any of the above though based on City performances?

AndrewP

Should never have had to go to Hartlepool in the first place. That said, at least we get a Saturday off straight after the Christmas schedule thanks to Crewe, which maybe important.