• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rate where we are as a club

How would you rate where we are as a club?

• A - Excellent

• B - Good

• C - Satisfactory

• D - Poor

• E - Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure I see your point Hants, but I think it's fair to say that virtually all the grounds would be unrecognisable now compared to 50 years ago (ourselves included). Incidentally Chester play in a new ground and Notts County was completely rebuilt in a short period I believe.
Fratton Park still looks like an historic throw back.

Grecian2K

Most of the population of Pompey still look like historic throw backs as well!
Just like the Janners it must be the result of being the spawn of many generations of able semen.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I do enjoy an away day in Portsmouth. Love the ground, but difficult to comprehend how it was fit for the Premier League.

As an aside, are Pompey struggling financially again?

Colesman Ballz

Of those, only Swansea, Scunthorpe, Northampton, Colchester and Darlingtn are in new stadiums. Newport and having been reformed in that time.
Ahem, Fact check, At least Aldershot. Bradford PA, Chester and Darlington are also "reformed" clubs. Also Chester are in a new stadium, and Darlington's move to a new stadium was a disaster, the running costs contributing to three administrations, the last proving fatal. Bradford PA have led a nomadic existence of ground shares since reforming, despite the grandiose announcement of plans for 20,000 capacity arena which came to "nowt" as they say oop in them parts.

DB9

I do enjoy an away day in Portsmouth. Love the ground, but difficult to comprehend how it was fit for the Premier League.

I work in Pompey and with people who are season ticket holders, They've heard nothing, More concerned with Kenny Jackett. Their Chairman is a very frugal businessman and does keep a tight rein on the finances

Alistair20000

Know what you mean about a day out to Fratton. A bit like seeing a once attractive girfriend that has got fat and the looks have faded. Throw in some Spanish tapas in Nicholsons in funky Southsea to round off the day.

Not heard of any particular financial difficulties there at present.

Reactions: DB9

Boyo

A new ground isn't a guarantee of success.

In League 2, I would rate Colchester's as the worse ground.
Ah ok. By the same logic though, staying put does not guarantee success either.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah ok. By the same logic though, staying put does not guarantee success either.
Nothing guarantees success. Or failure. But overreaching yourself makes failure much more likely.

Which is why I'm so glad that both Boards at ECFC are determined not to let that happen.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Results of poll:

"How would you rate where we are as a club?"

Excellent - 10%
Good - 68%
Satisfactory - 18%
Poor - 4%
Terrible - 0%

78 people voted.