• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Wins...…..

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I remember correctly Morrison and Tisdale were really bigging him up in the build-up to the Liverpool match, and he did score that good goal. It seemed like we were fishing for offers.
If they wanted to get him sold, why did he not play at Anfield, which would have been the ideal show window?
Still rankles with me, that game

grecIAN Harris

You are wrong.
You think? Watch how many times he hits the first defender. Watch how many times he kills the pace of an attack because he's had to check back on to his left foot by which time the defence has got back into position and clears easily. It happens more often than him getting a decent cross in. If he played on the left I'm quite certain his success rate of getting a cross in would sky rocket.

IndoMike

If they wanted to get him sold, why did he not play at Anfield, which would have been the ideal show window?
Still rankles with me, that game
We will.never know. It was a baffling decision not to select him. My only, very cynical rationale is that Tisdale wanted to show off that he was boss of some ex -top tier players (Morrison, Oakley, Butterscotch). Why else would you pick slow, ageing players long past their best against a team of young, energetic, speedy Liverpool kids?

STURTZ

Prepared to allow Tisdale some slack on what was probably my most disappointing nigjht following City. Nichols had received massive plaudits from his first leg display from those idiots at Match of the Day, probably bigging him up more than he was worth. Offers came in for him and Tis may have thought why play him when his reputation can only diminish.

To me he went for far more than he was actually worth.

IndoMike

This is the interview with Randell that someone referred to earlier. Speaks very well of his time here at City and of Matt

Ian Russon

I'm also convinced he's staying until the summer! Very pleased. If we have any spare change lying around we should try to improve his contract. He deserves it.

IndoMike

Also need to remember that Tom had effectively had the last half of the previous season and the first half of that season as a regular and was scoring at a rate consistent with 20+ goals a campaign. If a twenty year old is doing that, he will be (and was) drawing attention even before the Liverpool game.
Yes, but the chat about Nichols pre-Liverpool was on national TV. It was really surprising that he was left out of the replay at Anfield, assuming he wasn't injured.

Ian Russon

The difference is with Nicholls and Randell is that Randell will be able to do it in leagues above

STURTZ

Yes, but the chat about Nichols pre-Liverpool was on national TV. It was really surprising that he was left out of the replay at Anfield, assuming he wasn't injured.
I was told on the night that Peterborough were interested and didn't want him to play.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Doesn't make any sense if that is true , given he then did play in the second half. Unfortunately too late by then.

It wasn't a shock that we lost the reply , but we could have been more positive. For me it was typical Tisdale. The large travelling support deserved better imo.