• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
My problem is going to be who NOT to vote for.

Ash

My problem is going to be who NOT to vote for.
Agreed, I thought choosing 5 was going to be straightforward, maybe take 30 minutes of my life. I've spent hours pouring through manifestos and candidate's responses on here. I have chosen finally now though.

Red Bill

Agreed, I thought choosing 5 was going to be straightforward, maybe take 30 minutes of my life. I've spent hours pouring through manifestos and candidate's responses on here. I have chosen finally now though.
Me too. Although two of the candidates I was fairly sure I would vote for when the nominees were announced, wont be getting my support. I think there are some great candidates who've given really good answers on their election threads.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My voting slip has now turned up.

I've really enjoyed the candidates coming on to Exeweb and answering the Q&As, and it's good to see so much passion for making the Trust work.

I think I'll vote for all eight candidates :) :) :) :)

ex_user1234

Resigned
Good job I ignored the naysayer near the beginning of this thread who said Exeweb wasn't an appropriate place to campaign! Been a pleasure answering your questions. Hopefully you can all tune in to the hustings on Friday evening. I'm told by the powers-that-be that it will be streamed online :) Ed

Andy_H

Good job I ignored the naysayer near the beginning of this thread who said Exeweb wasn't an appropriate place to campaign! Been a pleasure answering your questions. Hopefully you can all tune in to the hustings on Friday evening. I'm told by the powers-that-be that it will be streamed online :) Ed
It is NOW the correct place, once ALL the candidates have a level playing field to post their manifestos and all are now treated equally, but you jumped the gun by trying to steal a march on the rest. If you do that to get yourself elected what will you stoop to once, or if, you do get elected! My choice is still out of 7!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is NOW the correct place, once ALL the candidates have a level playing field to post their manifestos and all are now treated equally, but you jumped the gun by trying to steal a march on the rest. If you do that to get yourself elected what will you stoop to once, or if, you do get elected! My choice is still out of 7!
I'm sorry, but I think you're being ridiculous. As far as I'm aware, Richard is the only person who has produced any kind of election leaflet. I see no problem with that whatsoever but, on the basis of what you've written above, assume you would.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the other hand, Andy, you could say that he was showing some initiative by being the first to campaign on Exeweb.
Anyway, I guess they'll all disappear when the election is over, so you can take it easy then. 😉
I would vote for the candidates who seem to be approachable, humble, flexible and good team players. Technically they're all good

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I rarely disagree with you but on this occasion I do. The Trust actively encourage candidates to communicate using social media etc. This was not gaining any advantage, and it generated a really good debate. Someone had to be the first.

IMO he did nothing wrong.

Andy_H

I'm sorry, but I think you're being ridiculous. As far as I'm aware, Richard is the only person who has produced any kind of election leaflet. I see no problem with that whatsoever but, on the basis of what you've written above, assume you would.
I never mentioned Richard's leaflet so i have no idea why you did, unless you''re trying to stir it!

What might seem ridiculous to you as a ' [former?]E&E hack' would probably be quite normal for real people, there is that ridiculous enough for you?