• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage A.F.C. V's Exeter City A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread. 10/08/2019

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know the total attendance, and number of Grecians? None of the match reports I've seen (even the "official" ones) seem to have any info. :(

tonykellowfan

Just to confirm we are lined up 4-2-3-1 with Taylor and Collins holding. Ajose had a good game he is playing not in his natural position but put in 100% and worked his socks off. Martin is looking good because he is coming on when the oppo defence is tired.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Avening Posse

Interesting start to the season. Not managed to see anything yet as time zones and other commitments have meant I've not had a chance to look at Iplayer yet. I have been interested to read both the match day threads on here and note the positives and negatives already coming into play. I'm getting the feeling Matt is still striving to discover the best formula from the players available, but the thing for me is the knowledge there are some decent players on the sidelines who have not had a look in yet, so the depth appears to be there, which has been wanting over the last few years. I think Matt's biggest issue may be keeping everybody happy !!. Very encouraging start results wise, and the Swindon game coming early is very exciting as they are tipped to do well this year. Will hopefully manage to watch that one if I can stay awake !!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be patient. Two swallows don't make a summer but 46 of them may well do.
How many swallows did you give Tisdale ??

Grecianpasty

Can we stop banging on about A Martin. The bloke is a very good squad player and that will be his role throughout the season. Two games and two clean sheets is fantastic, even more so considering the changes that MT made, which he should be given a lot of credit for.

It's also clear that what we will lack in quality will be made up for in our energy levels, determination, and that never give up attitude. If we play the Lincoln way and win poorly to get promoted I'm all for it.

IndoMike

Can we stop banging on about A Martin. The bloke is a very good squad player and that will be his role throughout the season. Two games and two clean sheets is fantastic, even more so considering the changes that MT made, which he should be given a lot of credit for.

It's also clear that what we will lack in quality will be made up for in our energy levels, determination, and that never give up attitude. If we play the Lincoln way and win poorly to get promoted I'm all for it.
In the last 40 or so posts there have been 3 references to A Martin, one of which said that maybe he was suffering from a bug hanging around. Hardly banging on.

Spoonz Red E

I see that once again the excellent/brilliant save has been over hyped by commentators and fans alike. It was a good/decent save and nothing more. It was hit well but well within in Wards range, especially with his height, and he would have been disappointed to have been beaten from there. Cracking striker by Nicky Law to win the match, shades of Notts County from last season (in context of the result not the actual goal).
Agreed. But well done to Lewis for his positioning. If you compare his directly with that of the Stevenage keeper when Law scored I'd say he had the better awareness of where the danger was.

Having said that, Nicky couldn't have placed the ball any better.

geoffwp

To start with? 2 seasons and he came up trumps. I'll do same with Matt Taylor. Thank you for your concerns.

iscalad

Ooo err missus