• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't say I've been down that way on the train so couldn't comment, but Brentford's new stadium is *ridiculously* close to the platform at Kew Bridge.
Not really, the site boundary is close but there is a road and a green embankment between the two. And the site is going to be very intensively developed with tall stands and flats. Zero chance of a ball going onto the line. But it will certainly dominate the view from the station.

Nice picture of Ollie on their brochure, btw.

https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/?_ga=2.257072653.747544315.1545048539-910101255.1545048539

ecfc2000

Yep, but in fairness, Bournemouth's ground is barely 'LG1 ready'

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not really, the site boundary is close but there is a road and a green embankment between the two. And the site is going to be very intensively developed with tall stands and flats. Zero chance of a ball going onto the line. But it will certainly dominate the view from the station.

Nice picture of Ollie on their brochure, btw.

https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/?_ga=2.257072653.747544315.1545048539-910101255.1545048539
The railway line that passes through Kew Bridge is adjacent to the stadium on the right hand side of the "The View" graphic in the link. There is another line (presumably linking Kew Gardens-Gunnersbury on the Overground/District Line) that passes by to the left in the graphic, which is presumably the line you're thinking of.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The railway line that passes through Kew Bridge is adjacent to the stadium on the right hand side of the "The View" graphic in the link. There is another line (presumably linking Kew Gardens-Gunnersbury on the Overground/District Line) that passes by to the left in the graphic, which is presumably the line you're thinking of.
Please stick to the topic, or I'll get all moddy on you. The topic is Ollie Watkins, not railway lines. (facepalm) ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Please stick to the topic, or I'll get all moddy on you. The topic is Ollie Watkins, not railway lines. (facepalm) ;)
Ollie maybe goes by train to matches.

IndoMike

A friend told me he goes by bus..

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, the other way round - Kew Bridge station is on the left, Lionel Road South is between the station and the main entrance / South Stand of the new stadium. The sharp curve on the right is the loop from the Gunnersbury line to South Acton.

A better visualisation of the station vis-a-vis the stadium here - Imagine being on a drone above the S. Circular close to the entrance to Kew Bridge Station. Nice red train at the bottom, main entrance in the middle, the motorway and the other railway line behind at the back of the North Stand:

http://www.brentfordcommunitystadium.com/

IndoMike

There's a really good supermarket near the new stadium where they sell bog rolls at a 15% discount. The owner is a chappie called Byron Winsshlurp von Badenhassel and he often has a chat with Ollie as he hops off the bus and pops in to buy some crisps and a coke, suitably dressed in a Bed Taker three piece suite : sofa and two armchairs, of course. Ollie hates traveling by train because it's always late and he finds railway lines, junctions etc totally boring.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No, the other way round - Kew Bridge station is on the left, Lionel Road South is between the station and the main entrance / South Stand of the new stadium. The sharp curve on the right is the loop from the Gunnersbury line to South Acton.

A better visualisation of the station vis-a-vis the stadium here - Imagine being on a drone above the S. Circular close to the entrance to Kew Bridge Station. Nice red train at the bottom, main entrance in the middle, the motorway and the other railway line behind at the back of the North Stand:

http://www.brentfordcommunitystadium.com/
Ah yes, the Gunnersbury line is to the right. The artists impression does still to me overplay the gap from stadium to station - passing through it twice a day as I do, I'm struck by the proximity.

Grecian2K

Lionel Road???? Is that a none too subtle EAC clue?

Oh and please Jason. Do NOT mention "Gaps" Dear old Pate will only start getting "all moddy" on you. ;)

Last edited: