• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Comfortable win based on an excellent defensive performance in the first half.

Swindon were very pretty but utterly impotent with all the possession they had.

Onwards!

grecIAN Harris

Three points are three points but we should have taken Swindon to the cleaners. They were there to be had but we lacked composure with the final delivery so many times. The kind of ball Sweeney put in for Stockley goal was begging to be put in so many times yet we failed to do time and again.
Is Pym going to be hung out to dry by the Exeweb kangaroo court for telling the Big Bank to f off after his fourth or fifth bout if ignorance in the first half? He had the ironic cheers coming when he final managed to work out how to keep the ball on the pitch with the wind he was facing. The first time he's caught out, the second time is a mistake but anything beyond that is just stupidity for not learning the lesson.

ECFC89

Three points are three points but we should have taken Swindon to the cleaners. They were there to be had but we lacked composure with the final delivery so many times. The kind of ball Sweeney put in for Stockley goal was begging to be put in so many times yet we failed to do time and again.
Is Pym going to be hung out to dry by the Exeweb kangaroo court for telling the Big Bank to f off after his fourth or fifth bout if ignorance in the first half? He had the ironic cheers coming when he final managed to work out how to keep the ball on the pitch with the wind he was facing. The first time he's caught out, the second time is a mistake but anything beyond that is just stupidity for not learning the lesson.
Enjoyed the game then Harris. Just goes to show the great job that Taylor is doing, not playing particularly well and still comfortably winning.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Argigle manager talking about naughty Jamie M oh didums.

scottus86

Cripes! Why so negative? We scored two well taken goals and were solid defensively. If you were tal;king about Swindo you'd be spot on. No team in the world is going to take every chance they make, but we took two today and very well indeed. You need to lighten up a bit, I'm sure in past seasons you'd have been delighted with such a performance.

Pym should have learn't his lesson and after the third time someone else should have told him to do something different. Either Jake or Matt Taylor.

PeteUSA

Is Pym going to be hung out to dry by the Exeweb kangaroo court for telling the Big Bank to f off after his fourth or fifth bout of ignorance in the first half? He had the ironic cheers coming when he finanally managed to work out how to keep the ball on the pitch with the wind he was facing. The first time he's caught out, the second time is a mistake but anything beyond that is just stupidity for not learning the lesson.
I agree about him not learning the lesson after the first wayward one, but foul language at the home fans is somewhat unheard of and unneccesary I feel. He's popular, but not so much that he can get away with that. I suspect the gaffer might have a word if he gets to know. I'd take into consideration that he's still young, and a bit impetious.

Antony Moxey

In the end it was too easy. For all their possession they never really threatened our defence whereas we looked dangerous every time we went forward. Shame Stockley’s worldie was offside, but that was probably as comfortable a win as we’ll see all season.

Jake Taylor is still only in the side because he shares a surname with the manager, I’d have started with Tillson instead. I certainly wouldn’t have taken Forte off to bring Tillson, we lost a lot of impetus for a long time after that substitution. Law and Boateng didn’t have it all their own way either, and as usual Stockley had two or three ready to clatter him at every opportunity all afternoon.

MoM for me today was Croll. He’s forming a good partnership with the equally impressive Aaron Martin but today Croll got in so many timely blocks and challenges he more than anyone else ensured we kept a clean sheet. Good crowd too, but if a bigger crowd means we have more idiots jeering our players I’d rather they stayed at home. Oh, finally, Matt Taylor gives a decent interview doesn’t he, just a shame he spoils it by constantly saying ‘look’ every time he makes a point. It’s not cricket Matt. No really, it isn’t.

PeteUSA

.....and as usual Stockley had two or three ready to clatter him at every opportunity all afternoon.
I agree, he did get knocked about a bit today again. Near the end, I thought their player might have seen red when he whacked JS in the puss! I'm assuming the referee saw that as recklessness as opposed to violent conduct? That must have been right in front of you Ant?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Luke Croll man of the match for me by miles.

PeteUSA

Luke Croll man of the match for me by miles.
He certainly made up for last weeks joint error with Pym, Hants! ;)