• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your Top 5 Favourite Gigs Ever !

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tut tut.........And I thought you were an officer and a gentleman.
I'd have thought in that era you'd be chucked out for being a gentleman and not gobbing or throwing pi55-filled pint glasses.

Terryhall

I'd have thought in that era you'd be chucked out for being a gentleman and not gobbing or throwing pi55-filled pint glasses.
True story as an aside - went to the Stone Roses at Heaton Park for their reunion tour and took my better half with me - stood watching the various warm up acts, she turned and asked me why so many people were throwing full pints of beer around... when I explained what was going on all she could say was "That doesn't happen in Switzerland." (she's right - it doesn't)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good point

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Ask about the Jam playing down there ! you could buy baskets of chips cover them in tomato sauce then go upstairs and chuck em over the Mods underneath.

Ohhhhh the fun us punks had lol

Mr Jinx

Think this thread has been done before but here goes anyway:

Rage Against the Machine, ULU, some time in '93, before they were big, obv.
Iron Maiden, Cornwall Colliseum, 1988
Sven Vath, Tribal Gathering, Luton Hoo, 1997
Kraftwerk, Brixton Academy, 2003
Guns N Roses/Dave Lee Roth, Monsters of Rock, Donnington, 1988

Other notable mentions: Prince, O2. AC/DC O2. Daft Punk, Astoria. The Macc Lads, SOAS. Living Colour, Town & Country. Fatboy Slim/Carl Cox, lots of places.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Ask about the Jam playing down there ! you could buy baskets of chips cover them in tomato sauce then go upstairs and chuck em over the Mods underneath.

Ohhhhh the fun us punks had lol
When we went to the Weeley Rock Festival there were around 15 of us (all 18 years old) in the back of an old rented van - the condensation was dripping off the ceiling after an hour
and of course we were in a state of "extreme consciousness". We arrived at a pub somewhere in Essex, entered, and they offered us a fiver to leave the pub. With our fake policeman helmets
and general dodgy condition it was hardly surprising. Guess we were lucky not to get a hoofing.

Oldsmobile-88

Swervedriver at Sheffield Leadmill around 94
I did not have my ‘bins’ on & I thought that was a Skrewdriver gig that you mentioned..:D

Just checked out Swervedriver & I doubt they have a Neo Nazi following:D

Oldsmobile-88

I got chucked out halfway through the Damned gig ! Ended up with one of the posters outside its was the Damned the Ruts and the Local Heroes.
A memorable venue back then..That was a crazy gig,Capt Sensible came on stage without a stitch on at one point..

Grecian2K

In receding chronological order:
2017 - Marillion - Royal Albert Hall last October - magnificent venue, magnificent music (although their gig this month at Bristol wasn't too shabby either - if anything the choice of set list was marginally better. ie they played Kayleigh AND Garden Party amongst the encores)

2015 - Alice Cooper - Pl*mouth Pavillions. What a showman. Must be good to drag me down to that schytehole!

2007 - Deep Purple - B.I.C. Bournemouth. Even without Jon Lord and Richie Blackmore those guys could still rock!

1982 - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Pl*mouth. Comments as for Mr Cooper. I believe it was his last gig before his untimely death. :(

1977 - Yes - Stafford Country Showground. The "Going for the One" tour. Horrible, soulless barn of a venue but more than compensated for by the brilliance of Anderson, Howe, Wakeman, (the incomparable Chris Squire and Alan White.

iscalad

1 Led Zeppelin Earls Court 1975

2 Wishbone Ash University of Cardiff 1978

3 Status Quo Empire Pool, Wembley 1975

4 Genesis Plymouth Guildhall 1973

5 Van Morrison Great Hall 1996