• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your Top 5 Favourite Gigs Ever !

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just though of another great venue for many years & I hope it survives the recent events,The Fleece in Bristol.
The main venue in Bristol was/is the Colston Hall,but the Fleece although much smaller & intimate had a few well known bands over the years & always a great atmosphere in there with the low ceilings & stone floor.

Oldsmobile-88

This poster reminded me of another great Bristol venue The Locarno..What great days with a choice of venues in any half decent sized town or city.
Roots(sic) on the tour itinerary too.
A good friend of mine saw many a band at Victoria Halls,Hanley..Another venue long gone.
76E87712-E4DE-4FA0-A3EF-79E4BDA68952.jpeg

iscalad

This poster reminded me of another great Bristol venue The Locarno..What great days with a choice of venues in any half decent sized town or city.
Roots(sic) on the tour itinerary too.
A good friend of mine saw many a band at Victoria Halls,Hanley..Another venue long gone.
View attachment 3526
Pensioners half price, I see.

Oldsmobile-88

Pensioners half price, I see.
That was a mad gig at Routes on the tour.
Malcolm Owen of The Ruts split his head open after head butting a cymbal & was rushed to hospital...Captain Sensible of The Damned came on stage b0ll0ck naked at one point.😎
For all of their madness they were fantastic live & anarchic on stage in those days.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Olds. Victoria Hall in Hanley is still open for business, well it would be if not for Covid.

Oldsmobile-88

Olds. Victoria Hall in Hanley is still open for business, well it would be if not for Covid.
Good to hear..Must be one of the very few from those days.

Sergeant

Wildhearts 2007 at O2 Oxford Zodiac
Little Angels 2012 Wolverhampton Civic Centre
Tampasm 1997 Exeter Cavern
Darkness 2005 NEC
Foo Fighters 2008 Wembley

LOG

I'm not really one for concerts. Too loud and too many sweaty people. I've probably forgotten someone but i think the only ones i've been too are, in order:

Musical Youth - Great Hall
Morrissey - Colston Hall, Bristol
Morrissey - The Zenith, Paris (27 francs for a small can of Orangina)
Lemonheads - Rock City, Nottingham
The Wurzels - Lemon Grove

I went to see someone who i can't remember the name of at The Fleece in Bristol with exeweb legend Swanaldo but spent most of the time outside talking to some random bloke.