• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vegans v Grecians - Match Day Thread (FGR vs ECFC)

Well-known Exeweb poster
h time .. 0,,2 very hapi days

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
HT 0-2

We have been well in control of this game. FGR have had their moments, Traore and Gomes look like good players but they struggle to control the game and while their man marking Reid has done a good job, once we get forward towards their area they look very shaky. Holmes has been magnificent and you would imagine he will be Mark Cooper's main concern in his half time tactical adjustments would be coping with him. Our defence has been split open a couple of times so you can't write them off, but there are so many of our players, in fact all of them, on top form that it's difficult to see them getting back in this. Lloyd James has made some great passes and interceptions, and I know I keep harping on about him but everyone else has for so long that I feel it's justified - he looks like a really good player to me!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks antman , good HT summing up.

Pobbop

HT 0-2

We have been well in control of this game. FGR have had their moments, Traore and Gomes look like good players but they struggle to control the game and while their man marking Reid has done a good job, once we get forward towards their area they look very shaky. Holmes has been magnificent and you would imagine he will be Mark Cooper's main concern in his half time tactical adjustments would be coping with him. Our defence has been split open a couple of times so you can't write them off, but there are so many of our players, in fact all of them, on top form that it's difficult to see them getting back in this. Lloyd James has made some great passes and interceptions, and I know I keep harping on about him but everyone else has for so long that I feel it's justified - he looks like a really good player to me!
Good summing up, but I have been a bit of a defender of James, I'd probably take him off in the second-half because he has a yellow, no reason to risk a dominant performance with a needless red card. Bring on Troy, Boateng or Moxey.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought the FG player called Cooper was too much of a coincidence. Terry's grandson.
They always like to keep it in the family, the Coopers.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The one time I don't do Sweeney for first goal ! 33/1. Must be at least 25 years since we had a start like this.

rustle

Reid does it again 0 3

ExeterCityLad

3-0. Get in City!!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can Reid reach 20 goals before Christmas?

Steve H

This is all very impressive especially considering the starting 11 were all here last season and no Ollie or Wheeler