• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool FAC3rdR

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alas almost no chance of going, especially if it is Wednesday as expected.

Praying that the 6 all prem ties plus the games at everton, chlsea, man u, west brom and west ham end in a positive result so we have a chance of more TV coverage.
I'd say the most likely TV replays so far are Pompey v Ipswich and Bristol C V WBA. Plus us and Eastleigh of course.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Am sure I read somewhere that replay prices and logistics (apart from the exact day) have to be agreed between the clubs before the first tie. I would have thought that City wouldn't be too fussed about replay prices as that's a bonus and if it ensures a 35-40k plus attendance can't complain
Feck me. I'd have thought that, even if it had been two men in cloth caps with their whippets turning up at Anfield for the replay at two-and-sixpence a head the club would have taken even that as an unbudgeted bonus* when the draw came out (or even at 19.55 yesterday evening).

*As long as the home club covered all expenses of course.

So lets just enjoy the moment.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any suggestions for getting to Liverpool and back from Bournemouth for a reasonable price using public transport and perhaps getting on Grecian Travel up the line if that's possible???

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any suggestions for getting to Liverpool and back from Bournemouth for a reasonable price using public transport and perhaps getting on Grecian Travel up the line if that's possible???
You might struggle with the time coming back, anyway of being able to stay in Exeter for the night?

For those who are driving, there is a socccerbus that goes from sandhills station, parking is free (apparently) and it costs £1.60, leaves up to 45 mins after the match.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travelling-around/route-maps/pages/soccerbus.aspx

Lenny

No chance of getting back from Liverpool (or anywhere bar London) these days after about 17 00. Would once have been a special, but the modern railway doesn't do mass travel.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You might struggle with the time coming back, anyway of being able to stay in Exeter for the night?

For those who are driving, there is a socccerbus that goes from sandhills station, parking is free (apparently) and it costs £1.60, leaves up to 45 mins after the match.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travelling-around/route-maps/pages/soccerbus.aspx
Ooh, thanks for that, I'll give it a look, unless wherever the Exiles are pre-match has free parking - I need to be up and back on the day due to work and getting Madam to school (the Missus starts work at 7:30 so I have to take her).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
London Midland have some good deals at the moment. £9.60 each from London.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
London Midland have some good deals at the moment. £9.60 each from London.
If I didn't have to be back on the night I'd have used this, cracking deal.

OmanGrecian

A few of us have booked into the Liverpool One Premier Inn. £50 for a twin room.

Number13

A few of us have booked into the Liverpool One Premier Inn. £50 for a twin room.
Pretty confident its the Wednesday then?