• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to Reading

Fareham Grecian

In truth, I dont think there's one poster on here that wouldnt like to see him gone
This is a straightforward lie, and you know it. You repeating ******** over and over again doesn't make it any less ********.

Plenty of us still rate and respect Tis.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do you feel the need to top your comments off with a last line like that? "I dont want him to leave etc...." You wont get shouted at for implying that Tisdale should go! In truth, I dont think there's one poster on here that wouldnt like to see him gone, together with his apparent non existant expertise in all magerial departments. We need a change.
Speak for youself Pete. I don't think I will be alone in being sad to see Tis go when the day finally comes.

PeteUSA

Speak for youself Pete. I don't think I will be alone in being sad to see Tis go when the day finally comes.
Well dont start getting depressed Ian; Tisdale wont give up his City job security that easily. A deal in a million he's got, and he knows it.

grecIAN Harris

I've no intention of getting depressed about it at any stage Pete. The time will come eventually when Tis will move on. It's inevitable. That's football. But while he's here and still doing a half decent job then I see no need to complain. I still remember the days of Francis, Iley, Appleton and Blake when we really were pitiful. Then there's Cooper, alledgedly, taking his cut of the transfers of the bulk of best ever side. It might be that Tis is being paid a bit more than your average League 2 manager but it's budgeted and accounted for. It's not a potential windfall disappearing into a black hole with next to nothing left to rebuild with. You're older than I am, so I expect you might be able to remember some worse times and managers than those I've mentioned above but I doubt there will be many.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Then there's Cooper, alledgedly, taking his cut of the transfers of the bulk of best ever side.
I did hear that Cooper himself drove Shaun Taylor up to Swindon when they signed him. I haven't heard of late that such practices that you have alluded to still take place.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
To Swansea? Not sure how long Monk will last.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I did hear that Cooper himself drove Shaun Taylor up to Swindon when they signed him. I haven't heard of late that such practices that you have alluded to still take place.
Alan Ball's autobiography mentions the first time he sold a player at City, an envelope full of notes got shoved under his door. "That's your cut of the (player) transfer fee" he was told, only for Ball, a decent and honourable man, to politely decline the bung.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alan Ball's autobiography mentions the first time he sold a player at City, an envelope full of notes got shoved under his door. "That's your cut of the (player) transfer fee" he was told, only for Ball, a decent and honourable man, to politely decline the bung.
Don't know about this, but Bally's autobiography is littered with inaccuracies and even muddles up the results of various games, so I wouldn't attach too much significance to anything written in it!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know about this, but Bally's autobiography is littered with inaccuracies and even muddles up the results of various games, so I wouldn't attach too much significance to anything written in it!
Most footballing autobiographies should be filed under "fiction".

hatch4england

I doubt that there's a scintilla of truth in it. I have read one bio of a well-known person i was friends with for years and it was certainly 'sexed up' a lot because the truth was rather mundane by comparison