• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to Reading

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
but it is true isn't it that

1. Terry Cooper had a clause in his contract giving him 10% of all transfer fees received.

2. Because we were successfully selling players for big money TC was doing very well out of it, so the club offered to buy out the clause by paying him a lump sum.

3. TC agreed,signed the deal. He then got the monies specially cleared into his account. And resigned 24 hours later to take a bigger job elsewhere.

(at least that's the story I remember being told)

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt that there's a scintilla of truth in it. I have read one bio of a well-known person i was friends with for years and it was certainly 'sexed up' a lot because the truth was rather mundane by comparison
Agreed. The classic exaggeration is alcohol consumption - even Tony Blair claimed he was worried about his drinking whilst PM (a massive two glasses of wine and a g&t several nights a week, his liver must be f@cked).

Christian Roberts, however, is exempt

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyway I thought that Tisdale's Law means he is automatically linked to any and all Football League vacancies. So I want to know why he hasn't been touted for the Walsall and Burton jobs

What is going on?

DanceMagnet

Tough luck, Tis.

Kentish Grecian

I second this. The one thing that history teaches us is that we never learn from history.
I've no intention of getting depressed about it at any stage Pete. The time will come eventually when Tis will move on. It's inevitable. That's football. But while he's here and still doing a half decent job then I see no need to complain. I still remember the days of Francis, Iley, Appleton and Blake when we really were pitiful. Then there's Cooper, alledgedly, taking his cut of the transfers of the bulk of best ever side. It might be that Tis is being paid a bit more than your average League 2 manager but it's budgeted and accounted for. It's not a potential windfall disappearing into a black hole with next to nothing left to rebuild with. You're older than I am, so I expect you might be able to remember some worse times and managers than those I've mentioned above but I doubt there will be many.