• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jeremy Corbyn

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really hope you don't fall on hard times Jase, I worry for you, you just would not cope, here's hoping your health and job remain secure in the future
That goes without saying for everyone, but what's that got do with anything. Yes there are unfortunately people in this country who are desperately poor but as Jason correctly says, let's be a bit realistic with our definition of poverty. It's not not having satellite TV and foreign holidays, and to be honest to suggest it is is a bloody insult to those in the third world suffering real poverty generation after generation.

Alistair20000

"Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘fling’ with Diane Abbott has so far thrown up little by way of juicy tit-bits, other than that they once shared a romantic tour of East Germany on a motorbike.

For I am told that the pair’s brief courtship fizzled out over Jezza’s failure to address Diane’s gastronomic tastes.

‘Diane has told friends that the reason she eventually gave Jeremy the heave-ho was because of the dreadful food they always ate together,’ says my source.

‘He wasn’t one for wining and dining, plus he always insisted on shopping at the Co-op and insisted Diane shop there, too.’

[/B]
The idea of there being anything romantic or gastronomically interesting in the East Germany of the 1970 is mildly amusing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The idea of there being anything romantic or gastronomically interesting in the East Germany of the 1970 is mildly amusing.
"When I'm in charge, this is what the UK will be like."

At least we'd clean up in the athletics.

Alistair20000

"When I'm in charge, this is what the UK will be like."

At least we'd clean up in the athletics.
Ms Abbott shot putting or throwing the javelin ?

Mr Jinx

It would never have lasted for ever: the moment when Diane insisted on sending their offspring to Private school would have been the nadir, if it even got that far.

angelic upstart

This simply shows that we have the sixth most expensive electricity prices and ninth most expensive gas prices.

What it doesn't show is that we have the most expensive energy prices in the EU

iscalad

This simply shows that we have the sixth most expensive electricity prices and ninth most expensive gas prices.

What it doesn't show is that we have the most expensive energy prices in the EU
Well that's rather disappointing. We never seem to be top of anything these days.

tavyred

So kindly don't go spouting off that I would not cope if I fall on hard times. I've known hard times, I've dealt with them and come out the other end through my own hard work and effort, as well as a bit of personal austerity.
.....no doubt tax credits helped too?

Mr Jinx

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
.....no doubt tax credits helped too?
Yes they did, at least until they were taken away - we still survived after this happened, we just made do.

At no point did I have to walk ten miles for my water supply.