• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If only Tisdale did pace on the flanks - wings of speed.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Maybe he's out for today. Heavy training pitches are beginning to take their toll on the lads.
He's hardly kicked a ball in 2 years

Did Tisdale say why he didn't play I've not seen it noted ?

IBA

Is Harley back tomorrow?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Is Harley back tomorrow?
Fitness test apparently for Harley & McCallister but Morrison returns

IndoMike

Fitness test apparently for Harley & McCallister but Morrison returns
Thank God Morrison is fit. I was afraid the average age of the team might fall below 30

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
God Morrison is fit.
E&E headline?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I came across this video earlier on. A reminder of what he used to do, find a bit of space, make a simple pass, goal for Exeter. In this case Ben Watson scoring the winning goal for Exeter against Accrington in September 2008.

[video=youtube;745pfzgtyMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=745pfzgtyMI[/video]

GrecianWonder

Thank God Morrison is fit. I was afraid the average age of the team might fall below 30
Average age stats.

Portsmouth
Starting: 27
Featured players: 28

Cambridge
Starting: 28
Featured Players: 27

How far back do you want me to go?

QED

Red Bill

I think its way too early to write Harley off yet. I think some people were expecting way too much from him, way too soon. He was never going to come back and instantly be the player he was.
He's barely played in the 3 years since he left us and I expect his confidence is rock bottom, which is understandable when you think about it.

When he left we were a league 1 side having our equal best season ever (or since the introduction of div 4), he left us for a team destined for the premier league and no doubt saw his career on a steep upward trajectory. So how do you think he feels three years later, back at the club he left but in a division lower with the crowd getting on the teams back. The team he left us for who'd just reached the premiership sold him to a club in the championship without him ever playing a game, he plays a handful of games for the new club before being dropped and eventually loaned out to a league 1 side the following season. He doesn't cut it there either, goes back to his parent club who never play him again (?) and eventually release him. He signs for another league 1 side and again fails to make his mark ending in him having his contract paid up to get rid of him early and then he's back to square one, or even -1. I don't know about anyone else, but if that was me, I'd feel like an absolute failure, and it would take me a while to pick myself up again!

He was rubbish against Cambridge except for one small glimpse of the old Harley when he had the ball on the edge of the box and got off a nice curling shot, not the best but it was a glimpse. He wasn't great against Pompey but again there were a couple of moments where I saw a glimpse, finding space and looking to play a telling ball. He's a long way off yet and maybe I'm clutching at straws, but I don't believe that a player as good as he was could be as bad a he seems to have become. I think he needs time and we could have a really good player back again. After what he did for us before, I think he deserves that.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think he needs time in the team to build up his confidence and get an understanding going with the other players. I just don't think, given our current form and position in the league, that we can afford that luxury.