• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good luck to Matt Grimes

CWH-NYC_

I was surprised as well to see him going for 5mio quid in the Fantasy, they must know about his free kick ability. It is going to be fun to follow and as I stated before we get all the games live over here so the updates will flow and interrupt the matchday thread if he is involved.

motorservices

Hope he plays tomorrow for them

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not even on the bench.

Antony Moxey

Can we have him back then?!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It's gonna take a few weeks is imagine for him to break into the squad

Just training with the first team will improve him no end

andrew p long

Not even on the bench.
Good call by Swansea. They rotated for the Cup game and the squad players did the business against Tranmere. So they deserve the chance of being on the bench. Matt needs to get to know the players and style. In the squad today apparently, so it looks like it will be weeks rather than months before he's on the team sheet.

grecIAN Harris

I think anybody realistically expecting him to go straight into the first available matchday squad was living in cloud cuckoo land. Regardless of how brilliant we think he is, it is still a massive step up for him and wouldn't really expect to see him anywhere near the matchday squad until February.

Antony Moxey

I think anybody realistically expecting him to go straight into the first available matchday squad was living in cloud cuckoo land. Regardless of how brilliant we think he is, it is still a massive step up for him and wouldn't really expect to see him anywhere near the matchday squad until February.
Well SSN had him as being in the squad yesterday. Unfortunately for him he didn't make the final cut but it wouldn't have surprised me to see him on the bench. I doubt he'd have got on though, unless they were three or four goals to the good (or bad) with ten to go.

grecIAN Harris

I would suggest that's a bit like taking some of the potential England players away with the squad full squad, give them a bit of experience of what's to come (or even the same as Pymmy got when he was training with Joe Hart when on u/20 duty last). I don't think it will be long before he's there, just not as quick as some might expect.

tagz

Not even on the bench.
And that was 2 of Swansea's regular central mids (Ki and Shelvey) unavailable