• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not long got back online as been busy, but am absolutely buzzing for the lads and for the fans! Brilliant win, let's hope we have turned the corner now.

UTC!

:D
[ecfc]

graiser

Well played chaps, deserved your win and frankly I'm not surprised

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a bad couple of days to be a City fan :)
Long overdue and really worth enjoying - who would be a City supporter - This is why we love the club we support [ecfc]

Big Ted

Not a bad couple of days to be a City fan :)
It's what I love about real football; despair to joy in just a few days!

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well played chaps, deserved your win and frankly I'm not surprised
I am, but thanks Gaffer and all the best for the rest of the season.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chris Webb saying anything?
He's just issued a statement

Tuesday saw the arrival of our Devon Rivals, Exeter City at Home Park. Whilst we tried to treat it as another game, the players and manager had read some of the self-serving, pompous and frankly bitter nonsense issued by the Club prior to the game and froze. As they have been for the past 3 seasons, bragging rights are well and truly going back east to Devon’s historic capital City.

Given very few people in Plymouth have to go to school or work tomorrow, over 12,500 of the Green Army turned up but as there are no trains and only a couple of years have passed since completely unprovoked violence was wrought on the traveling fans, it isn’t surprising only 800 or so made the traffic clogged journey to Cornwall.

Exeter can now fly high in the sure knowledge they have done the double over us this season and combined with the success last week of their Premiership Rugby side and the fact that an International World Cup is actually coming to the City, the pride their noisy fans showed in their beautiful City is understandable.

Thanks to the ability of John Sheridan to assemble aside that has one tactic – give it to Reuben Reid - from a collection of has been’s and never will be’s, yet again a City of over 250,000 people will have to make do with 4th tier football next season whilst the motives of our owner remain deeply suspect. To the names of Jonny Hodge, Dan Nardiello and James Dunne will be added Elliot Richards for heaping more despair on our club.

Tuesday night will surely be the pivotal moment in both clubs seasons. Our ambitions now are to make sure we can struggle to finish above Exeter despite our vastly superior resources, even though we have already lost the Devon mini-league. It just goes to show that however big the Green Army, we are – and always will be, green ****e

CHRIS WEBB
Club President

Max Payne 2

I feared the worst at half time but it looks like the club has come back to life in the last week. Play like that the rest of the season and relegation will be someone else's worry. I do hope that's the corner turned well and truly.

Willy Nilly

6 points, a cathedral, an airport, Ikea, John Lewis, jobs, a future...

AlanDevlin

Do you want the bad news, chaps?

Automatic promotion is mathematically impossible....

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
6 points, a cathedral, an airport, Ikea, John Lewis, jobs, a future...
not forgetting a Motorway, service station,HQ for Devon and Cornwall Police, Fire And Ambulance.