• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
David Jacobs 87 ,long time Radio 2 dj /Radio 2 presenter .
A wonderful warm rich voice that will be missed by many....I am gald i listened to his last show in July,he retired very suddenly & as we all know now,he was very ill.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Incontinentia

Brian Sollitt

Inventor of the Yorkie, the Drifter, the Lion Bar, the Matchmaker, and the After Eight mint.

Died without a knighthood or a Nobel Prize. Justice? Not in this life, mate. RIP.

Oldsmobile-88

Dolby Noise Reduction switch(which reduced the hiss on tape recording,when taping LP to tape) was a must on any decent music system in the late 1970's..

Dylan

...and yet when i pressed said button on my Boom Box, the sound quality went down a few notches!

Spoonz Red E

Dolby Noise Reduction switch(which reduced the hiss on tape recording,when taping LP to tape) was a must on any decent music system in the late 1970's..
Re_t in pea_e.

Oldsmobile-88

Re_t in pea_e.
..:D...

I had a fader on my Pioneer tape deck.A lovely bit of kit.Great for compilation tapes(eliminating the horrible click)It cost me about £100 circa 1981 from Comet,when that establishment was in Summerland St.

Alistair20000

Tom Clancy

Author of The Hunt For Red October, Patriot Games etc.

edindevon

RIP to The Pogues guitarist, mandolin and banjo player, Phil Chevron, who has died of cancer aged 56.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/pogues-guitarist-phil-chevron-passes-away-following-cancer-battle-29643966.html

Meanwhile, the seemingly indestructable Shane McGowan, who has looked to be at death's door since about 1987, lives on.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Rest In Peace Janice Lynn Kuehnemund from All Girl Band VIXEN.... November 18 1961 - October 10 2013....

Another victim to Cancer, so young