• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sir David Frost
Cheerio, good night and farewell.

grecIAN Harris

Sir David Frost died today from a heart attack. Age 74

RIP
It's no wonder if he was watching that gormlous tw@t Keith Lemmon terrorising one of his former shows 'Through The Keyhole' last night.

STURTZ

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the demise of one of our greatest ever poets and Nobel prize winner Shamus Heaney.

I think it was this famous bard that penned the original lyrics to one of the greatest mantras of our modern age;

Wilson kicks,

Wingate flicks,

Alan scores,

and the Cowshed roars,

La, La, La, La, La La.

La, La, La, La, La,

Laaaaaaaaaaah

elginCity

It was 'Binney scores' you senile old fart. :D

Seamus Heaney, may the road rise to meet you, to be sure.

Tim Long

Sir David Frost died today from a heart attack. Age 74

RIP
David Cameron has said his heart goes out to the Frost family. If only he'd done that 24 hours earlier they could've saved Sir David, the former Nottingham Forest triallist.

Grecian2K

Cheerio, good night and farewell.
That was the life that was
It's Over. Let him go

Mind you, I bet Tricky ****y Nixon is lying in wait behind the pearly gates (or fiery furnace) ready to exact a long awaited revenge.

STURTZ

I distinctly remember the wording referred to Alan Banks (our king) although, I will agree that there is a school of thought that thinks that Heaneys lyrics were partly symbolic and his clever wording was infact a gesture towards the emergence of a new and understated (at that time) enfant terrible, in the shape of Fred Binney.

I think that the question will always be did the poet acknowledge the growing awareness of a potential claimant to the crown or was he in fact using the verse as an appreciation of Banks achievements with his mention of the Wingate connection adding a certain poignancy to the poem as a whole.

I suppose now we will never know.

Grecian2K

Dare we dream yet that there might be a 21st century remix of our old classic then Sturtz?

Artur kicks,

Sammy flicks,

Alan scores,

and the Big Bank roars*,

La, La, La, La, La La.

La, La, La, La, La,

Laaaaaaaaaaah
*errm - Substitute that line with "And the OG snores" and it will just be like we're still back in the 70's again eh?

elginCity

I suppose now we will never know.
We could always pray for Sir David Frost to give him a good grilling on the subject.

grecian55

David Jacobs 87 ,long time Radio 2 dj /Radio 2 presenter .