• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
He had fewer clubs than his cousin.

Grecian_Jay

Ex Birmingham striker Christian Benitez died today at the age of 27. He was linked to Spurs as well.

MikeGrecian

Ex Birmingham striker Christian Benitez died today at the age of 27. He was linked to Spurs as well.
Poor sod,sounds like it was heart related.Scary.

Spoonz Red E

I saw John Cage once, 4 mins 33secs down the plughole I'm afraid.
I played that for him as a mark of respect during a minute's silence at a music gig. It was a shame to have to fade it out.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Norman de Mesquita, sports journalist closely associated with Cricket and Ice Hockey, aged 81.

"So that's 57 runs needed by Hampshire with 11 overs remaining, and it doesn't need a calculator to tell you that the run rate required is 5.1818 recurring."

Grecian2K

Mick Farren

(Possibly familiar to a few as singer with the pre-punk 70's band The Deviants, or more possibly as a music journo with I T and the NME back in the day)

iscalad

Mick Farren

(Possibly familiar to a few as singer with the pre-punk 70's band The Deviants, or more possibly as a music journo with I T and the NME back in the day)
DNA Cowboy is an excellent read, if you like SF, and even if you don't.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Steve Aizlewood, of Newport County, Swindon Town and Portsmouth. Aged 60.

Redvee

Dave Wagstaffe ex Wolves winger died yesterday aged 70.
Remember reading through me Old Mans programmes in the early 70s (As hes from Wolverhampton), and seeing his name in the team line ups.

Oldsmobile-88

Dave Wagstaffe ex Wolves winger died yesterday aged 70.
Remember reading through me Old Mans programmes in the early 70s (As hes from Wolverhampton), and seeing his name in the team line ups.
He was part of a good Wolves team & one of the players i recall playing for Wolverhampton in that era along with Dougan,Richards,Hibbert....

I still remember when Wolves scuppered Leeds double bid in 1972 in the last game of the season.Beating them 2-1 on a Monday night(Leeds had won the FA Cup 2 days previously!)...I could not believe it when the result came in on the late night news & that Derby were Champions..Still prefer those days than the pampered players with inflated ego's & wages now (rant over !)