• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City get a new CEO

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is clear that commercially the club is completely inept at the moment, so this surely can't be a bad thing - and if he is any good at the job then should increase turnover by a good deal more than his salary.

The bigger question when it comes to "off field costs" for me is what the difference in Perryman and Tagg's roles are now, and can both salaries - on top of Tisdales - be justified as necessary for a club of our size (and with our turnover). I somehow suspect not.
Add also the two coaches. I would wager a small sum that we have the highest football management costs of any club our size (average gate less than 4,500, Club turnover less than £3.5m).

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The bigger question when it comes to "off field costs" for me is what the difference in Perryman and Tagg's roles are now, and can both salaries - on top of Tisdales - be justified as necessary for a club of our size (and with our turnover). I somehow suspect not.
Exactly.

Would also be interested to know the difference between a Director of Football and a Chief Executive Football, as likely both will be paid positions.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly.

Would also be interested to know the difference between a Director of Football and a Chief Executive Football, as likely both will be paid positions.
Taggy will revert to being a Club Football Director, i.e. a director on the Club Board. Steve is not a director of the Club even though his position as Director of Football suggests that it could be. Director of Football is usually reserved for the elder statesman of football management at most clubs. Some are appointed to the board, some not.

Last edited:

crocks

But will Taggy have a reduction in salary to balance what City will be paying Guy?

I am fully behind this appointment provided that approrpiate performance related measures have been put in place.

LOG

Got no issue with the new chap as i've got no idea who he is so deserves to be given the time to put his mark on things. I must have missed the advert for the vacancy, mind.

What i'm not so sure about is how the existing pieces are going to fit together.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
But will Taggy have a reduction in salary to balance what City will be paying Guy?

I am fully behind this appointment provided that approrpiate performance related measures have been put in place.
Taggy will certainly have a reduction and will no doubt be paid in future through his company for giving 'sports advice.' I am a little concerned that the salary levels of the existing commercial staff will be retained, and overall the off field costs will increase as Taggy's reduction will not compensate for the 'additional' post. The redeeming factor could be an increase in the off field income.

I hope this has been fully costed in the manner of a value for money that I have previously suggested. Frankly I doubt it; I suspect it is again a blind stab in the dark.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got no issue with the new chap as i've got no idea who he is so deserves to be given the time to put his mark on things. I must have missed the advert for the vacancy
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...

malcolms

But often the most accurate....

Alistair20000

Perhaps Lionel is gnashing his teeth that he did not file an application ?

Alistair20000

What i'm not so sure about is how the existing pieces are going to fit together.
Probably an incoherent clusterfo*k.