• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A message for Paul Tisdale

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with Tisdale, when it comes down to it in the cold light of day it's just another game worth three points which are there to be won.

Players should be fired up and "want it" for every fixture and that is the manager's job.

He has not been doing this at all well - we notice this more at derby games because to us they matter more, but the fact is that far too often a good team of talented individuals has not wanted it enough and games that should have been won have not been.

This is why, despite us being comfortably in the play offs, a sizeable proportion of the support feels that this season is a bit crappy
Although the derby games have been worth twelve points this season - four winnable games which, if won, would have seen us go up via the Autos.

But I agree with the rest of your statement.

dommers

Tisdale derby record is

Plymouth is 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (Over our history it is 20 wins, 25 draws and 30 losses
Torquay is 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses (Over our history it is 42 wins, 36 losses and 37 losses)
Bristol Rovers is 2 wins, 2 draw and 3 losses (Over our history it is 26 wins, 30 draws and 27 losses)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do wonder how much difference it would have made if we'd started with the side we finished with.

Antony Moxey

Tisdale derby record is

Plymouth is 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (Over our history it is 20 wins, 25 draws and 30 losses
Torquay is 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses (Over our history it is 42 wins, 36 losses and 37 losses)
Bristol Rovers is 2 wins, 2 draw and 3 losses (Over our history it is 26 wins, 30 draws and 27 losses)
Alan Ball's record was one defeat in 14 matches against Plymouth and Torquay.

dommers

Alan Ball's record was one defeat in 14 matches against Plymouth and Torquay.
Which therefore suggests that all our other managers must have been really bad in derbies.

rp42

You only had to look at the team coach when it passed us yesterday on the way home to see Tis mentality?FECKIN cricket player on the side!!

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which therefore suggests that all our other managers must have been really bad in derbies.
So Tisdale isn't our most successful manager when it suits then? He's just another Cornforth or Blakey? He gets all the credit when we do well but none of the stick when we fail to perform?

Tisdale has earnt the right to be compared with Godfrey, Cooper and Ball. In this respect, his Cup and Derby record is woeful, why even bother trying to defend it?

grecIAN Harris

Look through the list of birthplaces on the first team squad.... not many of them within 50 miles of Exeter.... Just another day at the office for the players on both sides, except the crowd is a bit more partisan and the atmosphere a bit livelier than usual... pay's just the same....
Without wishing to continue harping back to Bally, have a look at the side that day, how many of those players were local? Not many, if any at all. Hodgy, Jepo and Ooo Stoo certainly weren't locals, they're all northerns.

Grecian1966

Probably right Ian.

However, yesterday whatever he said tactically was ******** as well.............balls constantly in the air to Curo, 5ft and a dog-end, up against Branston the 6ft-odd brick ****house??????
This point was put by Radio Devon to Sheridan who dismissed this was a tactic when he said" Exeter don't play that game but were forced to do so because of how we closed down the space and the options to pass" (or words very similar to). However, I felt we allowed Argyle to impose their limited game plan on us and i'm broadly in agreement with the thread that Tiz doesn't seem to understand how to play these derby matches. Given how badly we have played against TQ and Pymouth (with one exception in the JPT) it can't be a co-incidence.

dommers

In this respect, his Cup and Derby record is woeful, why even bother trying to defend it?
Where was I trying to defend it. I was mere pointing out that our record over the years suggest we win as many as we lose, a bit like Tisdale's record in derbies.