• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
This Hants Red person isn't doing very much. No role on the Committee and no mod powers. Sack him now!
We need 100% commitment every single game! What the f*ck are we paying him for?

But no, seriously, a reason as to why you lied about the moderator status thing would be good, cheers.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't get me wrong, I definitely think we need new blood on the mod team (if only to start cracking down on the personal abuse which, FWIW, is an excellent thing by my book even if I may be guilty of it sometimes) but adding 7 to the current staff seems excessive.

Also whoever said that the Go7pBn hadn't assumed moderator control was talking out their arse. For those interested there's a handy "View Forum Leaders" button at the bottom of the main index which lists a number of the Go7pBn as Super Moderators (a super moderator is a moderator with extra powers, FYI)

EDIT: In fact Hants Red is the only one of them without mod powers.
Good spot Spacky. [y] I presume the term Super Moderators is something new on here ?

I wonder if they are already actively moderating, or merely lurking pending completion of the takeover ? If the latter they should perhaps be wary of a pre-emptive nuclear strike from ******** (and others ?) to destroy them in their silos.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We need 100% commitment every single game! What the f*ck are we paying him for?

But no, seriously, a reason as to why you lied about the moderator status thing would be good, cheers.
I see that I've just been uprated to Super.

We've been given the privileges now so that we can see how it all runs. Not to be moderators.

Last edited:

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Not really sure what there is that needs to be seen. You get buttons under every post to moderate them. There's an Admin CP to dole out the banhammer. Reports go to your email. Everything else probably shouldn't be f*cked with.

Here to be a probing annoying little person as always.

SimonBB

Under the new regime everyone that donates money gets a special title.
It seems to be that way.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
It always was that way. See Friends of Exeweb.

SimonBB

It always was that way. See Friends of Exeweb.
All of the friends of Exeweb are silent partners?

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course not, but some members have donated money towards the running costs of Exeweb in the past and you can still donate if you want to, once the Paypal account has been changed over, I expect. You then get the title 'Friend of Exeweb' under your username. Nothing more, except that you knew you were helping to keep Exeweb running.

A donation is what it says, not a loan or a means to get onto the commitee, It's a gift.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Sorry for not getting involved in this thread earlier. As most of you know I'm exiled and, unfortunately, I was travelling back home from god's own city at the time the announcement went live.

The following are all my personal views, and not those of the steering committee;

I got involved, not because I wanted to be an owner of Exeweb, but purely as a side effect of offering my services and time to Steve. Without his hard work and money, allied with the work and time given by all his moderators over the years, my ECFC experience would have been a lot poorer. So I'd really like to thank Steve and all the Exeweb team for all their hard work and effort.

Exeweb has undoubtedly played a significant role in helping the club become what it is today, and although we all dearly hope it will never be needed in the way it was used back in 2003, it must remain fiercely independent of the club, should the unthinkable ever happen again.

I wish to make it perfectly clear that the opinions of posters, both positive and negative, must continue to be encouraged as both sides are essential for debate. Exeweb WILL NOT become another happy clapper clique whilst I have the ability to do anything about it. This was my main concern before "signing up" and still is. However, the personal abuse and foul language that pervades the various forums needs to be eliminated, and quickly. I will be pushing hard, not only for infraction points for these offences, but also for anything that we could call "creative swearing". Those who use this know who they are, and they will know what to expect. Banter base, of course, will remain as it should, no holds barred.

Moderators or members of the steering committee are not exempt from bans, and any bans that are forthcoming will certainly result in the permanent removal of moderating rights. It is also up for debate whether this should also be the case for infraction points. "If you don't want to be shot at, don't put yourself in the firing line", as they say.

With regards to the number of moderators going forward, I'll be getting around to putting something together over the next few days, and hope to make a post on the Development Forum sometime early next week. Your every day Exewebber WILL have the opportunity to become a moderator.

I'm also speaking for myself when I say that I think we would more than welcome any enquiries about joining the committee from anyone interested in joining. This is not a closed club.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moderators or members of the steering committee are not exempt from bans, and any bans that are forthcoming will certainly result in the permanent removal of moderating rights. It is also up for debate whether this should also be the case for infraction points. "If you don't want to be shot at, don't put yourself in the firing line", as they say.

Spanky despite you being generally one of my favourite posters I would like you to "lead by example" and ban yourself, so that we can see you mean mean business.