• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course I'm going to respond. The point I'm trying to make is that the site doesn't need to be bogged down with statements from the new owners on every last thing that's done, be it donations, ownerships, whatever. IMO it's trivial minutae such as that that will detract from the site continuing to be 'just' a fans forum where we can all post our normal drivel.

I don't care is probably the wrong phrase, it should be more along the lines of it's not important. Oh, just to clarify, I'm not sniping at anyone, just giving a point of view and have already wished the new owners good luck with their new venture.
"Damned if they do, damned if they don't"

Shabba's Back

Not asking to be controversial. Never said I was. These boards will get worse. Shame, really.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Damned if they do, damned if they don't"
Exactly.

Thank you "Magnificent Seven" for stepping up to the plate and committing your time and money to ensure that this wonderful site keeps going.

I thought that the opening statement was superb and hope that this level of communcation remains. Something that the BOS could learn from.

Any moves to clean up the abuse and some of the drivel that is written on here can only be a good thing.

And thank you Steve for your many years of running this site. It is much appreciated.

MickStagraget

You are about as controversial as a lettuce leaf |-).

I don't understand the silent partner role, if he's donated money and is having no say isn't he just a "friend of exeweb"
Under the new regime everyone that donates money gets a special title.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Does anyone on the committee have one of these to aid with steering?

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Having thought about it I reckon you have too many moderators.

Dobley

Having thought about it I reckon you have too many moderators.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Good idea, Looks like we might have some more vacancies on our Committee. :)

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Don't get me wrong, I definitely think we need new blood on the mod team (if only to start cracking down on the personal abuse which, FWIW, is an excellent thing by my book even if I may be guilty of it sometimes) but adding 7 to the current staff seems excessive.

Also whoever said that the Go7pBn hadn't assumed moderator control was talking out their arse. For those interested there's a handy "View Forum Leaders" button at the bottom of the main index which lists a number of the Go7pBn as Super Moderators (a super moderator is a moderator with extra powers, FYI)

EDIT: In fact Hants Red is the only one of them without mod powers.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EDIT: In fact Hants Red is the only one of them without mod powers.
This Hants Red person isn't doing very much. No role on the Committee and no mod powers. Sack him now!