• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I agree with Ant.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
OK, fair enough, but in all honesty it's just a fans' forum, not a G20 summit - does it really matter whether you have got anything to hide or not, and does it really matter whether someone wants to know?

I still maintain the vast majority of posters couldn't care less about anything other than the forums remaining and, within reason, being able to post the same as they've always done.

IMO if we see too many announcements and messages from the Exeweb heirarchy it'll all start appearing a bit too Big Brother-ish (no, not the lame C4 freakshow) - as it is, you're taking over, you've made the statement, so go back to being 'ordinary' posters again.
Whilst reluctantly having to agree with the gist of this post I think we should thank the gang of seven, plus Bill now, for making the announcement in a forum where only us sad feckers were going to notice.

For future reference the official acronym for the Politburo is GO7pBn.

Alistair20000

For future reference the unofficial acronym for the Politburo is GO7pBn.
Corrected to prevent an over assertive presumption.

lmartin

Administrator
Whilst reluctantly having to agree with the gist of this post I think we should thank the gang of seven, plus Bill now, for making the announcement in a forum where only us sad feckers were going to notice.
Well we didn't want to clog up the main forums. And indeed those who are uninterested in the development of Exeweb (which could, of course, be everyone) can always steer clear of the exeweb.com development forum :).

iscalad

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I would today like to announce that the steering committee have accepted the addition of Adam Henley as a silent partner.
As silent partners go he is not very silent now. I believe his moniker is Northants Grecian and on a personal level he is a top bloke.

lmartin

Administrator
Silent not in wishing to remain anonymous... but silent in not seeking to be one of the 'influencers'. That is all.

Shabba's Back

Well looks like it's the end of me then, with that sh*tstirrer as chair. Au revoir folks, have fun :) **awaits the ban**

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... as chair ...
Never have liked the term 'Chair'. 'Chairman' is correct as it refers to a non-gender specific position. Unlike 'midwife' which is, of course, very gender specific and should never be applied to a male ... [y]

lmartin

Administrator
Well looks like it's the end of me then, with that sh*tstirrer as chair. Au revoir folks, have fun :) **awaits the ban**
FYI no single person will be able to dish out bans. Not that it matters who runs the site. If the rules are broken, the consequences will be dished out. Simple as that. The vast majority should be able to stick to the rules :). And if that is the case then Exeweb will be an opinionated but respectful place to come.