• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
To be honest Spacky I'm just gutted you are not in charge of the whole operation.
I wield the banhammer with an iron fist to be sure.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
In the interests of the openness and transparency with which we intend to continue working I would today like to announce that the steering committee have accepted the addition of Adam Henley as a silent partner.

Adam as many of you will know is on the Trust BOS. But don't worry - his involvement does not mean Exeweb is getting consumed into the trust. Exeweb remains independent. Adam will not vote on management issues, will not have moderation or admin permissions to the boards and will be solely a personal financial backer. At times I am sure we will ask for his advice, help or support but he will not be seeking to influence the way Exeweb is run.

Adam has been keen to help out due to his unwavering support of Exeweb and is just as committed to see it continue as an independent fan run forum as the rest of us. He has supported Exeweb robustly through the years and will be contributing the same amount of money as the previously named steering committee members to help fund the initial purchase of the site licenses / domains etc.

We would like to thank Adam for his support.

Tada.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
What's his moniker then?

I am posting to reassure users that I have agreed to continue leading the moderation team.

Upon the handover being completed I am looking forward to implementing a purge the Khmer rouge would be proud of.

Antony Moxey

In the interests of the openness and transparency...
There are no 'interests of openness and transparency'. Who cares who the treasurer or secretary are? Who cares whether the site changed hands for millions of American dollars or millions of Zimbabwean dollars? Who cares if the new owners make a fortune from the site, or whether 'silent partners' put money in?

It's all irrelevent - all we want is a site to post our opinions on and to debate all things City as we have done for however long the site's been in existence.

So long as the moderating is strong and the pathetic mudslinging and squabbling is clamped down on, multiple accounts are got rid of and anyone given infraction points or a ban - either permanently or temporary - is properly informed as to why such a punishment was deemed necessary, and that the site remains independent of both the club and Trust then I don't think we either need or are particularly interested in official announcements from the new owners again.

Bittners a Legend

Will the 7 Just For Men now remove their multi's from these boards. Lammie must have at least 10, Lez I would estimate the same.
Interesting question! I broadly do not have an interest in whether Exeweb was better 1,3,5 or 10 years ago as it is a very subjective question, but one thing Exeweb has been particularly bad for is the obsessive use of multis. Very occasionally these are entirely harmless and actually quite amusing (again subjective I concede) however often they are either dull or quite sinister. Anonymity is fine by me, but it should be limited to one account and not spread across many.

lmartin

Administrator
So long as the moderating is strong and the pathetic mudslinging and squabbling is clamped down on, multiple accounts are got rid of and anyone given infraction points or a ban - either permanently or temporary - is properly informed as to why such a punishment was deemed necessary, and that the site remains independent of both the club and Trust then I don't think we either need or are particularly interested in official announcements from the new owners again.
I think the prior questions on this thread from Oli about who has an 'interest' in Exeweb proves that others have a different view. It was felt necessary to update this thread given the discussion that had gone on before.

We've nothing to hide and are just demonstrating this.

Poultice

So long as the moderating is strong and the pathetic mudslinging and squabbling is clamped down on, .
That's you f*cked then.

Antony Moxey

We've nothing to hide and are just demonstrating this.
OK, fair enough, but in all honesty it's just a fans' forum, not a G20 summit - does it really matter whether you have got anything to hide or not, and does it really matter whether someone wants to know?

I still maintain the vast majority of posters couldn't care less about anything other than the forums remaining and, within reason, being able to post the same as they've always done.

IMO if we see too many announcements and messages from the Exeweb heirarchy it'll all start appearing a bit too Big Brother-ish (no, not the lame C4 freakshow) - as it is, you're taking over, you've made the statement, so go back to being 'ordinary' posters again.

Antony Moxey

That's you f*cked then.
I doubt that very much.