• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it just me?

Colin B

It's always funny how the ones that start these kind of threads are the ones that offer nothing to the site. Either that or they are of the 'it isn't what it used to be...' Type.

If you don't like it **** off. Pretty simple really isn't it.
Cracking comment GJ again!!!

Sprocket

You couldn't wind up an old clock pal and I have yet to see you add anything to any debate on here, the fact that you think it is a jolly jape to take the **** out of someone with hypertension says more about you than any of your previous inane posts.
Do you suffer from hypertension? That is comic genius.

Stop spouting your pointless bile on Exeweb and bugger off for a spa session.

Fareham Grecian

Do you suffer from hypertension? That is comic genius.

Stop spouting your pointless bile
on Exeweb and bugger off for a spa session.
That is quite funny Poults. You slam into anyone and everyone on here, sometimes entertainingly, sometimes spitefully. To then whine when someone unknowingly touches your weak spot is pretty pathetic.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or is Exeweb filling up with completely clueless muppets this season??

The number of idiots talking about the lack of quality and/or effort from our players last night is a complete joke!!

WTF is going on here?!?!

Seriously, let's look at the facts and put this into perspective.............

Last night, Liverpool put the following players on the pitch:

Reina - £6m (rumoured over last few seasons to be moving to various clubs with fee in the region of £20m)
Suarez - £23m
Henderson - £16m
Downing - £20m
Carroll - £35m
Adam - £7m (rising to £8.5m)
Meireles - £11m
Skrtel - £6.5m

Total of the above = £124.5m

Exeter put the following players on the pitch that cost something:

Archibald-Henville - £50k

And that's it.

If you were to estimate our total gate income in the league since 1980, you would get something like:

31 years x 23 games x 5000 average crowd (probably over-estimate) x £10 average entry price (bit of a guess, but probably not far off) = £35.65m

So, last night, just 8 of Liverpool's squad cost 3 and half times our likely TOTAL GATE INCOME FROM ALL OUR HOME GAMES IN THE LAST 31 YEARS!!!
Play with the figures a bit and it's still ridiculous.

Yet some see fit to moan.

Just get bent the lot of you.

H
Maybe we should increase the ticket price. :)

Red Lion

This is why it's called Tinternet. Nothing to do with some Yorkshire pronouciation of the word Internet but everything to do with the Rose Tinters on Exeweb. Some of you really ought to open your eyes and your braincells to what has actually been said before you start going off on one of your Tinternet rants. Some of it is bland aimless bullsh!t I'll grant you but some of it, regardless of whether you agree or not, actually has some kind of thought process and validity behind it.
Ian, never met you or Poults but like and agree with most of what you both post but have to disagree with both tonight.

I don't consider myself a rosetinter, more, over the Tizza years a non believer in what he did at times, now delighted to be proven wrong.

There have been times when he's been too cagey for our own good, I agree, a bit more testosterone and we'd have made the play-offs last year.

However, IMHO the OP is right, to be downbeat after last nights game is mento.

To compare this team and manager and opposition to the team and manager and opposition on that great day at OT is ridiculous.

At OT, Fergie underestimated us. Our lads played like Trojans/Grecians and we rode our luck (When Fergie realised he'd screwed up, he sent on Scholes who missed a sitter he normally would have buried. If that had gone in, we'd only remember now the money and the great weekend out.).

In the replay, once Fergie respected us, it panned out not far off how it did last night.

Poults is right in saying that the Poo are used to being rolled over by Clubs like us, but for one thing our squad is threadbare and injury plagued, more importantly 'King' Kenny off South Park was keen not to have egg on his face last night.

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
My suede trainers got ruined, I had a cough because of the smoke bomb, I got wet on the way home and there was only prawn c*cktail crisps left in the cupboard when I got home.

Tis-fail out.

wemissmoxey

My suede trainers got ruined, I had a cough because of the smoke bomb, I got wet on the way home and there was only prawn c*cktail crisps left in the cupboard when I got home.

Tis-fail out.
:)

Button it chump.

Last edited:

Poultice

That is quite funny Poults. You slam into anyone and everyone on here, sometimes entertainingly, sometimes spitefully. To then whine when someone unknowingly touches your weak spot is pretty pathetic.
Not whining d*ck wad, just calling a c*nt a c*nt, that Andy Holloway is such a smug tw*t, bit like yourself, he deserves anything he gets, he, like you add nothing of interest to this site, feck me, Jay has more of interest to say than the pair of you. I think you would struggle to find me slamming into anybody that didn't deserve it and I certainly would never ridicule anyone with a genuine illness, but then again I am not an arsewipe like you and Holloway.

Sprocket is just too stupid for me to even think about, but I get the feeling he is not genuinely nasty like you pair of w*nkers.

Poultice

Ian, never met you or Poults but like and agree with most of what you both post but have to disagree with both tonight.
I think you might have missed the point slightly Lion, neither Greasy nor I were knocking the team for their performance last night, merely suggesting that we are a bit light on alternatives and that anyone who thought their first team was awesome last night were in fact talking out of their collective arse. Of course the Poo were better than us man for man but the difference was really only in a couple of players.

The team we were able to put out did very well for the most part, the fact that they didn't get played off the park whilst trying to play football says a lot about the lack of real quality in the opposition, despite what all the closet 'Reds' would like to think, hopefully now they will all crawl back under their stones with their Sky subscriptions.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Liverpool did what they had to do....did they push themselfs...i think its fair to say they played well within themselfs and if they had perhaps pushed on it could of been a cricket score but it didnt happen.

For 20 minutes in the 2nd half they passed the ball around like a training session - It was bloody boring.