• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it just me?

UTC Big Bank

Or is Exeweb filling up with completely clueless muppets this season??

The number of idiots talking about the lack of quality and/or effort from our players last night is a complete joke!!

WTF is going on here?!?!

Seriously, let's look at the facts and put this into perspective.............

Last night, Liverpool put the following players on the pitch:

Reina - £6m (rumoured over last few seasons to be moving to various clubs with fee in the region of £20m)
Suarez - £23m
Henderson - £16m
Downing - £20m
Carroll - £35m
Adam - £7m (rising to £8.5m)
Meireles - £11m
Skrtel - £6.5m

Total of the above = £124.5m

Exeter put the following players on the pitch that cost something:

Archibald-Henville - £50k

And that's it.

If you were to estimate our total gate income in the league since 1980, you would get something like:

31 years x 23 games x 5000 average crowd (probably over-estimate) x £10 average entry price (bit of a guess, but probably not far off) = £35.65m

So, last night, just 8 of Liverpool's squad cost 3 and half times our likely TOTAL GATE INCOME FROM ALL OUR HOME GAMES IN THE LAST 31 YEARS!!!

Play with the figures a bit and it's still ridiculous.

Yet some see fit to moan.

Just get bent the lot of you.

H
Totally agree with this comment, city put in a really good account of themselves last night a played good football (not normal league 1 football) absolute joke, mind you remember a lot of people who will have commented on the game were probably the plastics who won't go again for a few years!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The game itself didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.
Actually it told me that young Jon Challinor is every bit as good as young Tom Cruise, which I hadn't seen before.

ME16 Grecian

Backing Tisdale from the Garden of England
Or is Exeweb filling up with completely clueless muppets this season??

The number of idiots talking about the lack of quality and/or effort from our players last night is a complete joke!!

etc.....

H
Sry for cutting short you excellent post. Couln't agree more though, negativity and scaremongering has to stop.
Get behind Tisdale, his ethos and the club. UTC.

Poultice

I couldn't give a rats ass how much they get aid, there is a method to compete with sides which have more ability than you, we didn't try because we don't have that tool in or box.

Don't give me all that crap about we play this way because it has been successful in the League, this was a one off cup match, the Poo are well known for getting rolled over by lower league teams, but lower league teams that want it, you only have to look at our cup record under Cheesy, how much better did we acquit ourselves agin Manure under Dingle, twice, with supposedly a massively inferior team to the one we have now ?

Do you think the Macky Ds boys are on more money than Norwich ? Do you think the Northampton side that stuffed the Poo last season were bought in for mega millions ? Were they f*ck !

elginCity

Total of the above = £124.5m
Paid by completely clueless muppets, I reckon.

On last nights showing at SJP I wouldn't pay a penny more for an Adam, Downing, Henderson or Carroll than I would for a Troy Archibald-Henville, who matched them, so what have the zillions got to do with it?

Wemissstewart

Don't give me all that crap about we play this way because it has been successful in the League, this was a one off cup match, the Poo are well known for getting rolled over by lower league teams, but lower league teams that want it, you only have to look at our cup record under Cheesy, how much better did we acquit ourselves agin Manure under Dingle, twice, with supposedly a massively inferior team to the one we have now ?
!
bullsh*t pal. the liverpool team what lost fo northampton was not as strong as that one last night. feck me

canaries made 11 changes from side that played stoke

Last edited:

Poultice

bullsh*t pal. the liverpool team what lost fo northampton was not as strong as that one last night. feck me
I'd guess you'd know that cos you are more interested in them than us, now address the issues from the quote, did we do better agin Manure and why ?

Wemissstewart

I'd guess you'd know that cos you are more interested in them than us, now address the issues from the quote, did we do better agin Manure and why ?
we lost by 2 clear goals both times at the park!

djemba-djemba played and he is sh*t!

Last edited:

Poultice

we lost by 2 clear goals both times at the park!

djemba-djemba played and he is sh*t!
So you are not giving credit for us having to play against 12 men ?

Last edited:

greenawayr

So you are not giving credit for us having to play against 12 men ?
Some things in football are inexplicable, like Fergie fielding a 2nd XI which was still full of internationals and getting matched by a rag tag bunch from the Conference.

Lets not analyse it too much otherwise it loses it's magic.

Last night we tried to play football against a very good and professional Liverpool side. We showed glimpses and threatened now and then, but unfortunately their superiority showed.

Perhaps we could have been a little more gung ho with our attacking style, but who knows, they may have handed our Heinekens to us on a plate.

The fact is, we weren't expected to win, and the result was justified. Whether the performance of one team justified the chasm in value/wages/hype over the other is much more open for debate, and it's that reason I'm proud of how the lads played.