• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holder v Trust Member

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
However, I do think it should be one ticket per person, not per group.
I concur with Cravat II

John William

I wonder who had the idea of 2 tickets per priority person? ;)
I think it stemmed from the tight timetable between draw and match, the need to shift tickets fast, and the desire to ensure a sell-out unlike the Argyle league game last season.

Bad move with hindsight (and maybe without it?) but understandable. I doubt if anyone thought it would generate 1,000 new Trust members or realised the number of Liverpool 'supporters' in Devon...

Oh well, all will be peachy next time (if there is one) following the "Review" the Club and Trust have promised...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
1. ST
2. Trust
3. Supporters Groups inc 1931
4. On the Database + Voucher given out at "unfashionable" games with no advance publicity
5. Others on the Database
6. Grecian Jay (only kidding, Jay!)

One per customer until (5) then one per Group.
am confused by number 4...why would you do the voucher with no publicity? Would it not make more sense to publicize this voucher so as to maximize sales...

As for st vs trust member...the st buys it in order to see at least 16/17 home games at a discount to those who pay on the gate..and are therefore important with summer cashflow as well...they should definitely be part of the priority group going forward but deciding that one priority group is more of a priority than another sounds very animal farm..

I was both last season but still only deserved one ticket tbh...

Red & White

Why does it need 'helping' with?

I see no problem with people joining the Trust so that they get priority with tickets for games like this.

However, I do think it should be one ticket per person, not per group.
I think it comes down to the point that if there are a few less in the trust on a one ticket per person in a priority group basis there may be more chance of people who go week in week out who aren't a ST holder or Trust member to actually get a ticket, rather than some one who pays £2 per month and only goes to the 'glamour games'.

John William

I think it comes down to the point that if there are a few less in the trust on a one ticket per person in a priority group basis there may be more chance of people who go week in week out who aren't a ST holder or Trust member to actually get a ticket, rather than some one who pays £2 per month and only goes to the 'glamour games'.
...is the right answer.

If you announce in advance when the vouchers are being issued, the fair-weather fans will come out. Unannounced rewards the regular fans (especially older ones) who [unlike us lot] are not media-savvy and don't want to get involved with the bureacracy of "joining". There would seem to be quite a few of these, maybe a hundred or two, and I for one don't want to make them feel unwelcome at the club they've supported for donkey's years.

As distinct from the "we own our football club" elitism we all tend to parrot, me included at times.

Red & White

...is the right answer.

If you announce in advance when the vouchers are being issued, the fair-weather fans will come out. Unannounced rewards the regular fans (especially older ones) who [unlike us lot] are not media-savvy and don't want to get involved with the bureacracy of "joining". There would seem to be quite a few of these, maybe a hundred or two, and I for one don't want to make them feel unwelcome at the club they've supported for donkey's years.

As distinct from the "we own our football club" elitism we all tend to parrot, me included at times.
What do I win? :D

John William

What do I win? :D
A weekend in a locked cupboard with an insane gorilla. [c. The Goons, early 60s I think?]

lmartin

Administrator
I concur with Cravat II
Agree with this too. One priority group per person.

city_is_my_life

Season ticket holders every time - A vast majority of Trust members only join for the minimum amount to get priority tickets!
And what about someone who is a Trust member and isn't a season ticket holder but goes to every match. They surely contribute more money to the club than someone who is just a season ticket holder?

denzel

1. ST
2. Trust
3. Supporters Groups inc 1931
4. On the Database + Voucher given out at "unfashionable" games with no advance publicity
5. Others on the Database
6. Grecian Jay (only kidding, Jay!)

One per customer until (5) then one per Group.
Bit of an insult to 1931s, who pay almost as much as a season ticket yet get absolutely nothing back for it (apart from the satisfaction of helping pay a player's wages and the even bigger satisfaction of getting regular emails from Al Crockford).

Nice to see this old chestnut of a thread get it's annual outing though!