• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Switzerland matchday thread

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Darren Bent the worst striker England have ever had? Absolute shocker today. Mind you, there aren't that many that can hold their heads up after that performance, Jack Wishere excepted.

grecIAN Harris

Is Darren Bent the worst striker England have ever had? Absolute shocker today. Mind you, there aren't that many that can hold their heads up after that performance, Jack Wishere excepted.
I'm trying to think back to the Graham Taylor days but I think even then the worst we had was Alan Smith.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm trying to think back to the Graham Taylor days but I think even then the worst we had was Alan Smith.
john Fashanu.

Last edited:

downthetrack

Andy cole was sh*t for England,12 games 1 goal

StroudGrecian

We have played David Nugent since though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Been out all afternoon, so have been lucky enough to miss the game.

Found this on the Aldershot fans website, what are they on about?

Grayshott said:
I hear the Exeter City guys were operating the turnstiles. They have already been booked for next years Olympic Stadium.

organisation is about as good as the team.

Antony Moxey

The fact that although the game was supposedly sold out, there were still 10,000 empty seats half way through the first half. Apparently the turnstile operators were having trouble scanning in the tickets or something.

Well-known Exeweb poster
If thats the best we can put out, IMO its not good enuf and it will not qualify.

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact that although the game was supposedly sold out, there were still 10,000 empty seats half way through the first half. Apparently the turnstile operators were having trouble scanning in the tickets or something.
Yeah I heard that ,but Does that sound right?, there were still a lot seats still vacant well into the second half.

downthetrack

Limit the foreign players at club level, then we might develop a good national team.
Till then not a hope.