• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tis, Dunne and Noble

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry Lammie but this "match fitness" bollox is just that. If you are saying there is a sharpness that comes with games then you are right but its not to do with physical fitness, its to do with coordination. It may be that he will come through and I agree with he has been a quality player but these type of injuries leave serious mental scars and they are the most difficult things to overcome.
Perhaps they leave physical ones too that are equally as difficult to overcome. Perhaps it takes more rehabilitation than we realise - give neither of us (I'm certainly not, and am assuming you're not either) are involved in the medical profession - and that if we're to get an all out 90 minutes each week player that it won't be from the very first moment he kicks a competitive ball but that maybe it'll take a little longer?

Poultice

Amusing to think you know more about our players abilities (or not) than the manager does.
Mock all you like but then try denying that our season came together when Stewart and Russell were sidelined in favour of Dunne and Sercombe.

Some of us hold these truths to be self evident, others continue with their noses up a very Cheesy alimentary canal.

elvis the pig

Was it really less than 2 years ago when Exeweb was awash with people having a pop at Ryan Harley and wondering how he ever got in the team, yet Tisdale persisted and look what a player we have now. Noble is a talented player, and whilst I haven't seen every match this season I remain confident that we have a real gem in him and the best is yet to come.

Watch this space.........

Antony Moxey

Mock all you like but then try denying that our season came together when Stewart and Russell were sidelined in favour of Dunne and Sercombe.

Some of us hold these truths to be self evident, others continue with their noses up a very Cheesy alimentary canal.
Mock? Me? Never. It's obvious that the cartoon persona you continue to portray on here is just for laffs, andf that behind the facade you're a serious and knowledgeable follower of the beautiful game. You should tell Tis your thoughts - the best manager we've ever had would be well advised to heed your words of wisdom.

LammieLammieLammie

Sorry Lammie but this "match fitness" bollox is just that. If you are saying there is a sharpness that comes with games then you are right but its not to do with physical fitness, its to do with coordination.
And that's exactly what I mean by Match fitness.

Poultice

Was it really less than 2 years ago when Exeweb was awash with people having a pop at Ryan Harley and wondering how he ever got in the team,
Was it ?

I think most people were pretty much in bed with the Ginger from day one, or am I as deluded as the Moxster would have you think ?

I always think it is good to introduce a little realism the week after a great result, Cheesy always does it himself, never too up after a win, never too down after a defeat, ex players, sorry Moxster, will always tell you, if they have a brain, that there is a very thin line between success and failure, something as small as the lino giving a throw the wrong way can radically affect the result of a game as it swings the Mo from one way to the other.

Cheesy is god this week on the back of a 5-1 and being a point from the PO zone, all to easy to forget the terrible run we were setting off on around this time last season, infallibility is a myth.

LammieLammieLammie

that there is a very thin line between success and failure, something as small as the lino giving a throw the wrong way can radically affect the result of a game as it swings the Mo from one way to the other.
Is right. Remember the c*ck-up between Tully and Jonah in practically the last minute of added time at a home game earlier in the season that would have cost us 2 points.

Fine Lines. That's why Duffy was my mom on Saturday, he made 2 blinding tackles at 0-0, and 1-1.

malcolms

And that's exactly what I mean by Match fitness.
Lammie, you really should avoid these cliches favoured by the so called professionals on the TV...However, I guess its down to being a bit of a media luvvie yourself:)

If you were at Rovers, or moreover Oldham, you'll know what a potentially great player we have in Noble.

Yes, so far he has been inconsistant and he has not played a great game from starting. Once he has 100% match fitness he will be an asset a BIG asset. FFS he was out for the best part of two years!
Wise words, I agree with what you say! I think a reality check is in order really!

I have been a little negative towards Noble at times, but when you consider he was out injured for two years I think a little patience is in order!

By all accounts he was awesome at Oldham and transformed the game almost single handed!

Give him time!

Antony Moxey

Fine Lines. That's why Duffy was my mom on Saturday, he made 2 blinding tackles at 0-0, and 1-1.
Fine lines indeed mate. He made one tackle on Johnson in front of the OG when he looked to be away, but instead it was Duffy who emerged with the ball and Johnson who ended up rolling round on the floor (not for the first time during the afternoon). As good a tackle as seen since, well, the last time he did one of those in front of the Flybe a couple of weeks back actually! Lol!

However, as good as that was, in the first five or ten minutes it seemed to me that every ball he tried to play forward, rather like Artur's kicks, rolled along the turf straight to an opposition player. Made up for it during the rest of the game though, but for me I'd have Cruton as MOM - he just looked bright, lively and dangerous everytime he was in and around the box.

Signing of the season?