• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Dugouts

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
From the pictures I've seen taken by Moxey etc, I dont think there's a snowballs chance in hell of the changing rooms ever being re-housed under the Doble. That was the original plan, and it would have been nice, had it worked out. Unfortunately, its apparently so chock full of sh*t, and other developements, that it would now be impossible. Also, rightwing reckons the water supply for the intended showers etc under there has been capped off and buried.
We have sprinklers under the pitch now. How much pampering do modern day footballers need FFS?

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
We needed the bus shelters because the old dugouts were too far away from the pitch - according to football league (not premier) regulations. I was hoping they'd be re-opened when the pitch was moved but rumour has it that Tisdale wanted the move to the OG but I don't know why for certain

A377 Lad

This thread is a prime example of the misinformation that masquerades as fact on ExeWeb.

As told to the BoS, Tiz has wanted the dug-outs on the old grandstand side of the pitch for some considerable time (though I must admit I'm not entirely sure why) and this desire has now been realised.

As far as I'm aware, there is no more to it than that!
So "I thought it was pretty simple" greenawayr was infact wrong then and it has nothing to do with h&s and is in fact a request (demand?) from Tis?

Antony Moxey

We needed the bus shelters because the old dugouts were too far away from the pitch
I thought it was because the walkway at the front of the stand ran in front of the dugouts? The club obviously didn't want people walking in front of the teams as the game was going on, yet the walkway had to remain clear in case of an emergency.

Hence the bus shelters, although of course now with the pitch being moved there isn't enough room in front of the barrier to keep them there.

LOG

So "I thought it was pretty simple" greenawayr was infact wrong then and it has nothing to do with h&s and is in fact a request (demand?) from Tis?
Don't worry, Greeny supports Arsenal really.

On topic, they're dugouts. They could put them on roof of the OG for all i care.

Also the well street entrance to the big bank has been moved forward by quite a bit , anyone know why?

Also on a different note the stewards are a bunch of useless tw*ts , letting people stand at the front of the big bank then telling them to go back. As well as the fact that it took them over 20 minutes to sort out the new turnstiles .

greenawayr

Emphasis on the word THOUGHT!

Parklife

Also the well street entrance to the big bank has been moved forward by quite a bit , anyone know why?
Tisdale wanted them put there.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are some moaning old gets in the old grandstand....

that should be fun for Sir Tis.
Creds, there are moaning old gits all over the ground ;)

I can't believe people are moaning about why and where the new dugouts are :cool:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Creds, there are moaning old gits all over the ground ;)

I can't believe people are moaning about why and where the new dugouts are :cool:
I think we're just trying to work out why they moved.

I heard that Tis was distracted by the view of our magnificent cathedral and wanted to move where he couldn't see it.