• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2018/19

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Genuinely surprised and saddened by this, taking into account the links we have with the family.
And no doubt we will be fobbed off for a pittance from Fulham under "the ROOLZ" ! :mad:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The U14s won the floodlit cup tonight beating Argyle 2-1 AET.

STURTZ

Right that's it, I'm officially on the **** for the next week.

We moidered 'em!

fred binneys head

*****ing love the U14s, me.

STURTZ

Genuinely surprised and saddened by this, taking into account the links we have with the family.
He has his own career to think about and decide for himself where he is best off. I'm sorry about his too, nowhere would he get as much love and encouragement than he would at his dad's old club. Maybe that's it though, maybe he doesn't want the expectation and comparison.

fred binneys head

He has his own career to think about and decide for himself where he is best off. I'm sorry about his too, nowhere would he get as much love and encouragement than he would at his dad's old club. Maybe that's it though, maybe he doesn't want the expectation and comparison.
That’s a good point Sturtz, I wish the lad well. Probably better for him to be at a different club from his dad (RIP Stanno) and to be selected by a club such as Fulham at such a young age, bloody go for it mate.

STURTZ

Read on another thread that the No. 9 shirt should be kept for young Jay to pull on. Imagine the pressure, mixed up sentiment and self doubt that would engender.

fred binneys head

Read on another thread that the No. 9 shirt should be kept for young Jay to pull on. Imagine the pressure, mixed up sentiment and self doubt that would engender.
Yeah, poor idea I reckon.

Temporarily Exiled

Depends on the mentality of the kid. In MotoGP the number 69 has been retired following Nicky Hayden's death – but a rider still asked Hayden's family if he could use the number for just one race, because Hayden was his hero.

IndoMike

Losing our young lads with potential to clubs higher up the food chain will be a recurring theme in the future , especially since our academy is clearly attracting the vultures.
We find them, teach then, and then they are nicked for peanuts at little risk to the nicker. Must make the club wonder if it's worth the bother.
You can't blame the player's families : it's the roolz that fark us - all aimed to help the bigger clubs.